Chapter 4

Three years ago.

"What the hell?" I groaned, my voice hoarse as I've just woken up to the sound of my stupid phone going off.

It was still dark outside, and I knew it couldn't be more than four in the morning, so why the hell was I woken up? I was sure I didn't set my alarm for some ridiculous hour such as this one. So unless an apocalypse, where everything went dark was happening, this was strange. Because I set my alarm for nine in the morning and the sun usually shone brightly at that hour.

I usually woke up even before the alarm went off though, since ever since I started sleeping over at Lisa's place, she no longer shut the blinds and let the moonlight shine its silver rays through the windows as we slept. It was really sweet of her, and I truly appreciated it a lot, knowing she enjoyed sleeping in and hated being woken up by the blaring sunlight.

Of course, me not wanting her to suffer, didn't say anything or asked her to keep them open. That's why I found it so sweet because she did it of her own accord, though she didn't like it, just to make sure I was comfortable. But I think she secretly liked it too, after waking up that way the first few times. Not that it mattered though, because no matter what way she's woken up, she would always bury her head further into me, refusing to get up for at least the next fifteen minutes.

That's why it was strange to be woken up to utter darkness. I wasn't used to it just as I wasn't used to waking up to the sound of my phone. But seeing as it was very early in the morning, I knew I had an incoming call. It couldn't have been anything else.

Naturally, that was strange too, because who in their right mind called you at such early hours of the morning. So needless to say, I assumed it was a mistake or that my parents forgot that there was a sixteen-hour difference between the two countries.

Not wanting to wake Lisa, who was sleeping soundly like a log, I quickly grabbed the phone and accepted the call without looking at the caller's name, just wanting the sound to stop. Despite Lisa not being woken up easily, I didn't want to risk it by letting the sound reverberate any more times than it already has.

Before speaking into the phone, though, I stood up and made my way to the door to exit Lisa's room, in order to let her continue sleeping peacefully. And I knew she would be just fine when I looked past my shoulder and smiled upon seeing her. Eyes closed, body not stirring awake, only her soft snores filling the room.

With the reassurance she wasn't woken up, I left her room and closed the door behind me gently, so the noise of the lock clicking wouldn't startle her into rousing. Though after not waking up to the quite loud sound of my phone, I doubted she would wake up to anything at all. She was just one of the people who could sleep throughout the ending of the world and wake up with a well-rested expression.

"What?" I asked in annoyance, as I entered the living room where I didn't fear waking anyone up.

"I'm outside the dorms, come meet me,"

"Siwon?"

"Yes, miss Park. Please come outside now. It's urgent."

"What-" before I got the chance to ask though, the line ended and the sound of the call ending was the only thing that came from the phone before it went silent.

Tiptoeing back to Lisa's room, I picked up her UCLA hoodie from where she hung it on the backrest of the desk chair. Of course, no matter how much I moved around, the sleeping beauty wasn't awoken, nor did she make a sound that would indicate the sound I was making bothered her in the slightest. Not that I was making a lot, as I tried to move around quietly.

Pulling the hoodie over my head and slipping my arms through the sleeves, I walked to Lisa's side of the bed quietly and smiled in endearment at how cute my girlfriend looked when she slept. There was drool in the corner of her slightly parted lips, and it would've been a little gross, were it not painstakingly adorable. So with a soft smile, I leaned down and pressed the most gentle kiss to her, for once, exposed forehead. Has she been awake, she would immediately brush her bangs down and mutter something under her breath, but when she was asleep, I could admire even this part of her, she hid most of the time.