Chapter 8

A/N: The link for the Spotify playlist for this book is up on my profile, so make sure to check it out. Or simply search for "hell or flying" and it should come up. It's not crucial to listen to the songs, but other than enhancing the reading experience, it will give you a better understanding of the characters, as well as something else that I won't reveal yet, cause it would be a spoiler xD

-

"You bought YG?" I asked in disbelief, my words sounding more like a whisper.

"Yeah, it's one of the biggest and most influential media out there, it only makes sense,"

"But won't you be busy running PCYs here? I mean, where will you find the time to-"

"I have to say, it's really sweet how much you care about me," he smiled and pulled me closer, my body colliding with his, as he wrapped his arms around my back, "Don't worry, I can handle it,"

Of course, I could not care less about whether he would have time to run YG as well or not. That wasn't the issue or what made me concerned. More work meant less time for me, and that's something I should be grateful for. And to an extent I was, but there was an underlying fear embed in me as I've quickly come to realize what that could mean.

I didn't know which company she worked for, however; I knew the odds weren't exactly low. Sure, it had nothing to do with me, with us. Not really. But I couldn't help but think about how she'd feel if she had worked for YG and my husband was to become her employer.

It wouldn't change anything and again, it had nothing to do with me, but the fact it could happen made me very unsettled. I hated it. It didn't seem fair. I knew she knew who Chanyeol was, and I was sure she wouldn't be thrilled. Not to mention her brother used to work for him as well, so she knew what a tyrant he could be.

But why did I even care? I shouldn't, right? If she didn't enjoy working for him, she could always resign and find a new job. I'm sure she wouldn't have a problem getting into another company.

What was I even thinking? For all I knew, she might have been working for a completely different company, anyway. But of course, the idea she might work for YG was the first to enter my mind. And this was only proof of how infatuated I was with her still.

There was no way that would happen, though. No, that would be too big of a coincidence. And even if she did, how would I even come to find out? No, it didn't matter. It shouldn't matter.

However, I couldn't keep my thoughts in check. Whenever I tried to distract my mind, it always came back to the beautiful raven whose arms, unfortunately, weren't the ones that were currently wrapped around me. I really wished this moment would just end, so I wouldn't have to have him in this proximity anymore. So I wouldn't have to wrap my arms around his back, so he wouldn't feel like I "didn't love him", which essentially, I didn't. But naturally, he hated that idea and much rather preferred the one where he made my knees weak.

"Besides," he spoke again and pulled away slightly, his arms resting on my hips, "I'm going to have someone else manage it. I have better things to do. I'll just stick around for a month, maybe two, and then assign the job to someone else who will report back to me. As you've said, I won't have time for both,"

"Who will you assign it to? Do you already have someone in mind?"

"I do," he admitted and let go of me, as he walked closer to the windows, staring right out as if looking for something, "I'll leave Ashley in charge,"

"Ashley?" the name sounded familiar, and I knew I've heard of her before, but I couldn't put a face to the name.

"Yeah, I trust her the most. She's been by my side for years now. She's the only one I can trust, really," he chuckled.