Chapter 46

There was a sudden flash of movement as the gunshot resounded through the room. My heart clenched in my chest painfully, the most agonizing sound leaving my mouth as I watched Lisa stumble backward.

I wasn't sure of what just happened. Everything happened so fast. He pointed the gun at her and fired. That's when Alice moved for probably the first time since she entered the study, jumping in front of Lisa to shield her away from the incoming bullet. But it was no use. She was too late. And now Lisa was falling to the ground, blood seeping through her shirt.

Why Alice jumped in suddenly to protect her, I didn't know, but in the current situation, I didn't care, "Lisa!" I cried out as I lept for the woman on the ground, and this time Chanyeol let me, his arms around me becoming loose as he laughed maniacally.

"No, no, no, no, no," I kept repeating as I crawled to the woman sitting on the floor, back leaning against the wall behind her, breathing heavily and eyebrows furrowed in pain, "Oh God. Oh God," I didn't know what to do, how to help her, how to get her out of here. She was bleeding, a direct wound to her chest inflicted by the bullet releasing blood that began covering most of her shirt. And though she wasn't dead yet, I knew if the bleeding didn't stop, she would be soon.

"Oh God, Lisa," I cried out as I reached out for her, hands shaking as I feared to touch her, afraid of hurting her.

"It's okay," she smiled softly, her lips trembling and voice hoarse, "Don't cry, it's okay,"

"No," I disagreed, shaking my head vigorously. Struggling to decide what to do next, my eyes locked on the tear in her shirt where the blood was flowing from,"Please," I begged no one in particular, hoping that by some miracle the wound would heal itself.

"I'm okay, I promise," she told me and reached out, her hand shaking as she cupped my cheek, making me look at her, "It doesn't hurt,"

"Lisa," I sobbed, tears mixing with blood as I looked down, willing my hands to move and pressing them against her chest.

Lisa hissed at the contact and, have the situation been different, I'd withdraw. But right now, I had to do everything I could to stop the bleeding, even if it meant I was hurting her. She had to be okay, that was all that mattered to me, "You're going to be okay," I told her, pushing through the lump in my throat that made it hard to speak, "We're going to be okay," I repeated as I watched her blood cover my hands.

Her thumb brushed against my cheek as she stroked the skin, wiping the tears away. I could tell her gaze on me was intense. She wanted me to look back, but I couldn't. I couldn't meet her eyes, not like this. I didn't want to see that light fading out as her breathing got more shallow. I couldn't watch.

"Rosie..." she choked out, but I shook my head again.

"No,"

"Look at me," she begged, her voice trembling as she fought tears, "Please,"

"No," I sobbed, "Just stay quiet okay?"

"How touching," I heard Chanyeol say from behind me, but I didn't care for his voice or what he would do next. All I cared about was the woman bleeding out in front of me, my hands pressing on her wound, not doing anything to stop the bleeding, "Don't worry Chaeyoung, you're next,"

I didn't turn around when he spoke the last sentence. He could kill me for all I cared. It wasn't like I had anything to live for, anyway. I looked into Lisa's eyes as I braced myself for the impact. I held her gaze unwavering, a small smile gracing my lips as I whispered, "I love you,"

With her hand on my cheek, she brought me closer, forehead resting against hers as her weak voice filled my ears, lips brushing against mine slightly as she spoke, "I'm sorry,"