Chapter 18

VANESSA'S P.O.V

Awkward.

"Y-you remember my name?!"I stutter like an idiot,which I totally am.

I know,great first impressions.But,after those dreams sculpted me into a perfect being,I needed to slap it back into reality.

The time for trying to be perfect is over.

Why?

Because,it's impossible.No matter what happens it's impossible to be perfect.Even if 300 people tell you, that it won't change a thing.This was the sort of thing you had to discover for yourself.

Nico looked at me and chuckled."Well,how could I forget?"he asked.Smiling,slightly.At first,for a hopeful second I thought he had the dreams too.That he felt the same way too.

"What do you mean?"I ask,carefully.

He looks down,and scowls."I-I've been on the bad side of Hypos lately.I got a little mad at his son,Clovis.So me and the Stolls may have ruined their cabin.Ever since,Hypnos has been waiting for revenge.And I'm really sorry to say this.But after our argument at camp,I really hated you and well...he and Eros got their revenge you could say.I had that nightmare too."he said sympathetically.

Nightmares.He hates me...great,just great.

It looked like he started picking up on my thoughts."Don't get me wrong,though.After those dreams...I guess you could say I'm a little fond of you.But,the way I behaved...it was like...a perfect me or something..."Nico explained.

I nodded in understanding."Yeah,that goes both ways."I say.

Okay he doesn't hate me.But,he doesn't like,like me either.

He smiled."Maybe,we could be close.Maybe."he says confirming my thoughts.Before,Nico leaves he ruffles my hair and I scowl.

"Don't ever do that again.Like ever."I growl.Was I not supposed to get mad or something?

I mean,it takes forever to get my hair controlled.And then he messes it up,and you expect me to like it or something?

For some reason,he grins at that.Amusement evident in his obsidian eyes."Keep this up,and we'll be best friends."he laughs and disappears into the shadows.

After,I'm sure he's left.I sigh.

"I don't want you too be my best friend.I want you to..."I mumble."Forever friend zoned.Forever alone."

And with that cheerful thought,I fall back to sleep.