Chapter 13

📚STILL VANESSA📚

"Well,that's just great..I'll go back to sleep."I say,though Leo tries to protest.
The nightmares began,but it wasn't even regular demigod dreams.

This was a nightmare of 'Greek Fire Accident' which killed her father and half-brother.

💀NICO'S P.O.V💀

Nico hated eating in the Underworld.

Why?Because he couldn't eat at all.So he just twiddled his thumbs thinking about his girlfriend.

A small smile found a way on his face,the dream he had of her was amazing.He knew she had the same dream too.It was perfect until he had to wake up.

"Nico,are you smiling?"his stepmother asked,raising an eyebrow.She had been strangely kind to him.Which made him even more on guard.

"Oh,I was just thinking..."he replied,trying to hide his scowl.

"Nico,it takes more muscles to frown then to smile."Vanessa had told him.

"Well,that's good.I'm getting a work out."Nico had replied.

Vanessa laughed."You,of all people don't need that."And the she kissed his cheek.

That alone,got him grinning.Thinking about her made him feel good. Yet,a pang of guilt and longing hit him.He wanted to be with her so bad.But Persephone and Hades,said it was urgent to come.

And nobody says 'no' to Persephone.He had been turned into a flower for that.

"Nico...your thinking about a girl,aren't you!"Persephone shrieked,happily.

"Your...sister?"Hades suggested.

"No Lord Hades,his girlfriend!Aphrodite hinted it in "Demigods-Daily" but it was in a tabloid...so Athena said there's no way!I'm getting 5 dramachas!"Persephone said excitedly.

Nico and Hades rolled their eyes.This explained her cheerfulness and her temporary kindness.

"Nico is this true?You have a girlfriend?"Hades asked in surprise.

Nico felt his cheeks get hot.He knew exactly what Vanessa would have said if she were here.

"Are you embarrassed by me,Skull Head?"She'd probably say.

"Yes,I do.Her name's Vanessa Butler, daughter of Athena."Nico replied.

Persephone and Hades,eyes widened."Isn't that the girl who spent 3 weeks with you,Persephone?"Hades asked his wife.

"Yes,she is the sweetest thing?Remember?You blessed her-"Persephone told him.

"Ahh yes.Charming girl.Nico you wouldn't mind introducing us to her?After all,she being your girlfriend..."Hades requested.

"Um,yeah.I could ask her."Nico replied.
------------------------------------------------------
📚VANESSA P.O.V📚

"Dug your grave and the masquerade comes calling out at the mess you've made
A monster,A monster I've turned into a monster"

(Demons/Monster Imagine Dragons Remix)

She ran into the washroom,thank the gods everyone was at breakfast.

"Oh I bare my skin,and I count my sins,and I close my eyes and I take it in-" She pulled the blade over her wrist.

"I'm bleeding out for you "she sang.

There was pounding on the door.But the job was done.Peaceful,she strangely felt peaceful.

Tears clouded her vision and it felt as though someone was pinching her nose.

The pain and grief felt unbearable.Like old wounds starting to reopen,except in her heart.

Suddenly, a pair of strong arms hugged her.Nico?

"You promised,you wouldn't do it."the voice croaked.Leo.

Vanessa felt disappointed.Then she felt angry at herself for doing so.

"Promises are meant to be broken."I reply.Leo pulled away and looked at her in the eyes.

Leo sighed."I'm going to bring you to the infirmary,and-"

"Your not going to tell anyone.We'll tell them I fell."I finish.

"I'm going to tell Nico."Leo said flatly.

"No!"I say angrily.

Leo rolled his eyes."Come on let's get you cleaned up!"

He tried jokes,and stupid cheesy pick up lines.But nothing worked.

They gave her nectar and ambrosia.But nothing seemed to matter.Even Alisa,came i

"What is the meaning life?Simply to reproduce?That's it?!"I rant.

"Vanessa?Leo told me started it again."it was Nico.There were tears threatening to spill from his eyes.It was seemingly blurry.

An Iris Message.

"I'm not even going to try and deny that."I reply sadly.

"Please,no.Okay,I'm going to come by 2 days.You better have not done anything stupid like this again.You hear me?"he instructed.

"Okay,fine."I sigh.

"I love you,okay?Please,I hate seeing you hurt like this."Nico told her,then he disappeared.

Did he just,tell her that he loved her?

No,bloody way.

So,during the next 2 days.She found herself a little more peppy than she normally was.