Chapter 26

VANESSA P.O.V

He just came.Just like that,he came just as suddenly,as he left.Here is my biggest source of pain and heartbreak.

"Where were you?!Why are you here now?!Why did you leave?!"I scream at him,not caring about the tears pouring down my cheeks.I don't care if he thinks I'm weak anymore.In fact,I don't care what he thinks of me.My hurt is much more important.

Nico looks at me, almost with...sympathy?He looks guilty...

He should be.

"Y-you said to come back when I sort out my feelings...a-and I did."he informs me.His chocolate brown orbs focus on mine.

"Well-?"I ask,my voice barely a whisper.He doesn't answer...

"That's what I thought..."I sigh,crossing my arms and slowly,I get back to my bunk.I feel more tears fill my eyes.It was better when he was gone,I had had hope...but now.

I was going to cry now,I was sure of it.And he couldn't be here to see it."Now that, that's over get out."I tell him.

"W-what?"Nico stutters.

"Get.Out."I growl.This time, he doesn't need to be told twice.He scurries away.I run over and lock the door,right after he leaves.My knees buckle as I press my back to the door.

I let the tears fall down my cheeks...I'm full out sobbing now.But I'm not stopping.This is the last straw.

I feel an aura of darkness around me.I knew this aura.

Death.Finally!

But,I couldn't be more wrong.

"V-Vanessa , you didn't hear me out.I l-love you,okay?I'm sorry about everything...but I can't give Eros and Hypnos that satisfaction..."Nico murmured softly in my ear.

"So what am I going to do about it?"I ask,my voice was stronger than I had expected.I felt proud.

"F-friends,right?"he asks.

Yay,friendzone.

"Right."I manage shakily.