11

"Congratulations!" came an excited squeal from my best friend, Bree, as she threw her arms around me as much as she could with Roman still holding me.

I beamed at her, glowing from the newly placed bond. I didn't know if I'd ever get used to the tingly, warm feeling of it or the way I always wanted to be close to Roman now. I was surprised to awaken today with no nightmares, but a very happy Roman. I felt as though things were finally going to be right this time. I wouldn't be taken away and I could finally settle into the pack better alongside Cole.

"Thank you," I grinned at Bree, but my eyes soon flickered to a figure who was a little ways behind her, staring forlornly at her. Damion.

Did he like her? Hmm..

I shrugged the thought aside and motioned for Bree to sit at the bar so Roman and myself could eat. I selected a bowl of oatmeal, topped it with strawberries and poured a little milk upon it with a glass of orange juice. I watched Roman grab a hearty plate of eggs, bacon, toast and his own glass of juice. He gave me a wink when he seen me watching and I felt myself blush a little, quickly scooping up a spoonful of my breakfast and dropping it into my mouth.

"Oh god, you guys are so cute I might just vomit the breakfast I ate," Bree muttered, making a face.

I stuck my tongue out, then remembering Damion, asked, "What about you, Bree? Don't you have a man in your life yet?"

"Nope and I'm not sure I want one," she murmured, rolling her green eyes. Somewhere behind us, I heard the crash of a glass. I turned to see it was Damion who was looking at us in a mournful sort of way. Mostly looking at Bree.

"Damion!" Yorik snapped, eyes blazing a fiery emerald. "What are you doing?!"

"O-oh, I'm sorry. I don't know.." Damion trailed off, moving quickly to clean up his mess.

My heart clenched and I felt kind of sorry for Damion. It was clear that he seemed to have a thing for Bree and she didn't even know, but to make sure I was going to ask Roman later.

"Well, alright," I murmured. "So what about this whole Witch thing? What can you do and stuff? How long have you been a Witch?"

"Well, I was born this way.. my mom is a Witch and my dad isn't. Meaning I'm only half as I told you before. I can create illusions like on the stage at Tidus' and I also specialize in healing. I can make things float if I really wish to and set things on fire or create water out of thin air, but all those are a bit more complicated than simple healing spells and illusion ones. We don't make things in cauldrons," Bree chuckled. "Though as I said we do make spells, but those are from ancient words taught to us by the Wise Woman of our Clan."

"Interesting. So.. can you make a spell for me now?" I asked eagerly, excited to watch Bree do magic up close after years of never knowing.. I never even realized her mom was a Witch, though she had seemed a bit off. Now that I was Lupus though, I figured I'd be able to smell her crackling magic scent.

Bree bit her lip, but a smile soon formed at my excited expression. She breathed out a breath of air and closed her eyes, cupping her hands together. Slowly I watched as a ball of blue light began to form between her palms. The light grew and grew until it was vibrant, gaining a sort of shape to it. With a mutter of something from Bree, I watched as the blue shapes burst into miniature dolphins. They swam through the air doing loops and jumps as if they were in actual water. Wispy blue smoke trailed behind them, twirling together as one as the two dolphins interacted and soon burst into glittering shards.

"Bree!" I exclaimed, my smile so huge my face hurt. "That was amazing!"

She chuckled. "If that was amazing you should see what else I can do!"

"I will, sometime soon. But today-"

"I get it," she cut in, her eyes flickering over my mark to Roman and then to another figure not too far off. "You have things to do today other than just blab to me."

"Oh stop," I playfully smacked her, though she was right. "I'll take a day to spend with you entirely, alright?"

"You better," she scolded lightly, smiling at me.

I nodded and stood, having finished breakfast and Roman stood too. He glanced down at me briefly, smiling, and then I spotted my brother a few paces away.

"Cole!" I said, grinning. He looked up, a little nervous, until he seen it was me.

"Not adjusting well?" I asked, concern etching into my face.

"Er uh.. that's not it. Just those two...girls keep bothering me," he nodded towards Eva and Winter who smiled at him excitedly.

I knew they weren't after him as a boyfriend because Cole was only eight. But I knew they could be treating him like a little brother...poorly.

"Bothering you? How so?" I asked warily.

"Er.. they keep asking if I need anything or telling me how cute I am or getting me stuff..idunno it's weird."
"Hmm. Sounds like their just trying to be nice, Cole," I said, smiling lightly.

"Too nice," he grumbled.

I chuckled and looked around for Luke. Not seeing him in the kitchen, I headed for the living room where I found him seated comfortably. He looked up though when we entered, smiling brightly.

"Congrats, kids," he said to both Roman and I.

"Thank you," we said in unison, laughing afterwards.

"Why is everyone congratulating you?" My brother asked, his forehead wrinkled in confusion.

"Ask Sarah or Holden, they'll explain it all. By the way did you like the history lesson they gave you?"

He nodded, smiling. "It helped me understand what I am now and everything."

"Good. This is Luke, I'm hoping he'll help you with training."

"Training?! Rori, he's a kid," Luke said, appalled.

I faced him, grim-faced. "He acts older than he is, and if we are faced with the Jaecars I want him to be prepared."

Luke's face turned sour at the mention of the rotten humans and he nodded. "We'll start tomorrow, go for an easy jog and get to know each other. Sound good, Cole?"

Cole looked unsure, but he knew this was to protect him from Claire so he nodded.

"I don't bite much, kiddo. Don't worry," Luke laughed, ruffling Cole's hair.

Cole grumbled and walked off, slipping down to the game room where I heard Cody and Trevor give him a whoop for a greeting. He laughed and I smiled at the fact he'd made friends with the goofy 'brothers'.

"Thank you," I nodded to Luke and he nodded back, grinning again.

"Now what?" I asked, gazing towards Roman who had a warm look in his eyes as he looked at me, making me feel fuzzy.

"What do you mean? You're the one whose been running around, talking to everyone," Roman said, pretending to be appalled I had even asked him.

I grinned and rolled my eyes. "Fine, are we dining in or eating raw tonight?"

"Raw... the pack hunt will bond Cole to us and strengthen your bond with them. It is a full moon too."

"Weeell, we do have a few hours," I murmured, gazing towards the game room. It did sound like fun to relax and have some competitive fun with the brothers. Roman snorted, but his smile never wavered.

"I could think of better things to do," he whispered in my ear. "But have it your way."

I gasped and went to smack him again, but he ducked out of the way, darting down the stairs to the gaming den. I shook my head and raced after him, thoroughly looking forward to some games.