8

We sat on the porch, just Roman, Bree and I discussing about the past few months I'd been away. Apparently everyone had been training in the pack and was prepared to go in an all out war today to save me and the thought made my heart swell while hatred at the Jaecars was brought back. We would make them pay, but for now... we all needed a break. I learned about how Bree had formed a pretty good bond with the pack and how she, too, was ready to go in and save me. Knowing Bree was going to risk her life and if she'd gotten hurt could have most likely died for me had tears almost falling again. I had such wonderful people in my life and I hated Claire even more for keeping me locked away from them for so long.

I recalled my past months of hell in the Jaecars facility through which most of the telling Roman was growling angrily. I told them how I'd been beaten, how I'd had tests run, how they used Cole against me. I told them how they forced the option of being a Lupus on Cole and injected him with the horrid shift-preventing serum that burned through our veins and I told them of my escape with Elliere and what they had done to him. They both looked shocked that Claire had managed to morph his wolf form into one that seemed to come from horror movies and that fueled them to want her and the Jaecars dead even more.

As our tales came to a close, we, even Bree, heard loud commotion coming from in the living room.

"Rori!" Annalise shouted and somehow I just knew it had to do with Cole.

I rushed out of the room with Roman and Bree close behind until we reached the living room...which was now a disaster. I heard whimpering and looked to see a snarling, puffed up Yorik in his white wolf form towering over a cowering black wolf I knew to be Cole. When I came closer, Cole snapped his yellow-hazel eyes to me and whined.

"What are you doing?! Shift back!" I said. He whined again.

I rolled my eyes. "Just think of what it's like to be human."

Moments later he shook, his bones snapped and his fur vanished until he was nude and panting on the floor. I turned to Yorik to apologize even though he remained in wolf form, but it seemed he already knew as he shook his wolfy head.

"You did good, dear," Sarah murmured. "You're brother is going to make a fine wolf to the pack."

I nodded and crouched down to the figure gaining control of his breathing.

"Cole?" I asked and his eyes opened immediately to look at me. "You will stay with me, right? With the pack?"

"I didn't turn into a furry mutt for nothing," he growled, but then smiled weakly at me. "I've never wanted to be any place else anyway. You're my family now and I hope all of these people will be too."

I grinned, pleased and stood up while someone tossed clothes at Cole.

"Well, that's settled then," Yorik murmured, having put clothes on. "Now if you feel like you're going to shift again, head outside."

Cole smiled sheepishly and nodded. "Yes, sir."

"Good."

**

Dinner was what really brought me home and caused me to relax, I knew once we hunted as a pack on a full moon celebration I'd feel completely accepted and whole, but for now Annalise's cooking was just too good not to want. The atmosphere as always was more pleasant than when we weren't together in the house, only tonight it was even more exciting and happy because I was finally home. I watched everyone scarf down food and playfully argue over some while I smiled as I heard Cole's exclamation about how good the food here was. Annalise beamed proudly at him and told him that she was happy to hear he liked it since he was the newest addition to our expanding pack.

After dinner I tried to help Annalise and her daughter clean up, but everyone told me to go relax and I could begin helping out tomorrow or the next day. So with not much to do, I snagged my brother and took him to the people I knew he'd love just as I did and still do: Holden and Sarah. He was going to need history and lessons on the pack now that he, too, was Lupus and training I would set up with Luke as I figured, if we planned to go to war against the Jaecars, he would need it.

As we entered, the rare soul mates gave us a bright smile and ushered us further in. I stayed standing while I told Cole to take a seat.

"I was wondering if you both could give Cole a history lesson since...he is recently turned and isn't well informed on all things Lupus," I murmured and seen Cole jerk his head up.

"Lupus? And you're leaving?" He seemed scared to be alone.

"Lupus is who we are, dearie," came Sarah's comforting voice. "And don't worry, we won't bite...much."

I cracked a smiled and sent her a grateful look. Sarah and her mate probably knew I needed my own time to relax even more... it had been so long since my back had touched a soft mattress.

"You'll be perfectly fine with Sarah and Holden. As Sarah said, she doesn't bite. They're the first Lupus in this pack that I ever liked. I'm sure you'll like them too. Once you're done, there's a game room downstairs. Just ask Cody and Trevor if it's okay for you to join because I'm sure you'll run into them down there."

"Game room?" Cole's eyes lit up and he seemed to not need anymore coddling.

"Yes," I chuckled and ruffled his hair. "I'm heading in early tonight. I haven't felt a mattress in ages."

Sarah and Holden's eyes darkened in rage for a second before giving me apologetic eyes and shooed me away. I knew my brother would be fine and having just newly turned was healed up good, but I figured he, too, would go to sleep early if only to feel the soft comfort of a bed.

Seeing no reason to stick around with Cole in such good hands, I said goodbye, reassuring the soul mates I'd be back to visit them personally and set off for Roman's room, not mine. As I slid in, I seen a stack of clothes already placed on the bed by who I was assuming was from auburn haired beauty, Annalise. Clothes for tomorrow and pajamas for tonight. I held up the silky camisole top and the deep purple and black striped cotton pants with matching bra and black panties. I raised an eyebrow at Annalise's choice of clothing, but shrugged and left the pajamas and under garments on the bed, putting the other clothes in a shelf in Roman's closet.

I had been away so long I no longer wanted to be away from Roman. I didn't care about him seeing me naked or anything else like I had before. I wasn't scared to love him anymore, I was scared to lose him or be taken again. We were going to be bonded for life soon, mates, it was what I now wanted. I had thought of it while being held in the Jaecars complex and it broke me down everytime knowing I might not be able to have that anymore, that I might never escape. I had though and could have that chance and I was more than grateful.

I started the shower and slowly began to peel the clothes I'd stolen off my body while the water heated. When it was steamy and warm in the bathroom, I slipped into the stall and let out a moan at the feel of the hot water. I had washed before at the hotel, but it only gave out barely hot water. This was nearly scorching and it eased my tense and sore muscles into a relaxed state. This was my first real shower after getting out of Claire's horrid place and I was more than happy to be finally free.