14

"So what did you want to do today?" Roman asked once our lips had unlocked.

"I'm not sure, can we go for a run? To make sure..." I trailed off as my brain washed up memories of my nightmare.

Roman nodded, though a frown marred his face. "Why don't we all go for a run? Like a trip somewhere?"

"A trip? We've never done anything like that... doesn't someone have to remain at the house?" I asked, thinking of the Jaecars coming in and tearing the place apart.

"Not if it's only for a few hours or for the day, Rori," Roman grinned, his excitement getting the best of me.

"Well... okay," I agreed reluctantly, but unable to resist his happiness. My worries were still there about shifting, but now I felt somewhat excited to be all together with the pack again in Lupus form.

An hour later and everyone was ready to go. The excitement buzzed throughout the pack and a normally stoic looking Yorik was grinning with Annalise beside him. We had all agreed on this being a solely Lupus form trip because I hadn't been able to go hunting last night. Luke had mentioned a lake spot he used to take the boys to. Both Roman and Damion whooped in excitement even more while everyone else grinned since it was assuredly a good spot that they had never been to.

We had all gathered together a ways into the forest, opting to all go nude since shredding clothing would be a waste and piling all our clothing in the forest would be a bad idea due to those who might travel through. A cool summer breeze blew through making me shiver while I began to hear the crack of bones. I took in the shuddering skin around me with apprehension. I felt my own need to shift, but my worry that I wouldn't be a normal Lupus held me in place.

"Rori?" Roman's voice was soft and tinged with concern.

I turned my head, admiring his nude form briefly before settling on his blue eyes. "Yes?"

"You should shift now. I give you my word things will be okay," he said, his blue eyes solid and serious.

I nodded, sucking in a shaky breath. I had been fine two times before this, I reminded myself, everything will be fine. I close my eyes, imagining my Lupus form and feel my heart pump rapidly, sweat forming along my body. I feel the ache deep within my bones and it's familiarity eases me into the shift further, fur shooting through my pores easily. My gums begin to ache along with my bones and suddenly it begins. My bone snaps as blood spurts. I'd be alarmed, if small amounts of blood didn't pour from my body everytime I shifted. More bones began to snap with veins and I felt nauseous as my organs began rearranging.

I blinked in pain and suddenly it was over. My bones had snapped back into place, organs settled, blood dried and my heart settled back into it's low pace. I opened my eyes, feeling something from the Lupus around me and nearly ran away, if it wasn't for a familiar, tingling hand on my furred back.

My pack, my family were all staring at me, their fur had risen in a hostile manner, but they had attempted to keep calm about whatever was wrong with me and held back baring their teeth. Worriedly, I wondered what was wrong with me. I obviously wasn't the same Lupus I had been the first two times otherwise the pack wouldn't be so keen to want to rip me apart, the only reason they didn't was because it was me.

I whined and glanced up at Roman. His eyes were the only ones without the hostile glint, though they too seemed worried and shocked as they assessed me. I wanted to see for myself just what Lupus I was, I didn't think I was like Elliere since my point of view was still four legged and close to the ground... yet I was also weird. I didn't dare to move and inspect myself though, it could trigger all the wary pack members around me.