21

They were touching me. They had really come forward and conquered their fears and it never felt so utterly amazing and relieving to finally be one with this pack again. I knew if I'd been human, I would be in tears. An embarrassing scene I'd make so I was grateful I was still in Lupus form. My eyes scanned the faces who all seemed relaxed. These were the faces of the family I knew and adored, these were the faces I'd come to know, the ones who taught me things, made me laugh. They were family.

Suddenly I wanted to run. I wanted to feel connected in the traditional Lupus way as well. I shifted from foot to foot making everyone shuffle about and give me space, their nervousness returning a bit, but I didn't mind. I wasn't hurt, I understood. I was just happy they'd touched me and come forward. It meant so much and I wanted to spend more time, Lupus time with them.

I sat down and tossed my muzzle into the air, a beautifully noted howl escaping and echoing into the coming dusk. Everyone gasped then, but I heard Roman calming them while Yorik seemed to know what I wanted as he murmured, "She wants to run."

"What?" Someone, Eva I think, asked, sounding astounded.

"Rori wants to run with all of us," Yorik said, sounding firm and clear so everyone could hear this time.

Another shocked breath was sucked in by the members, but I was pleased. They all thought I wouldn't want to run with them because I was different, but if anything I wanted it more. To prove I wasn't a monster. To prove I was the same.

Roman's scent engulfed me as he came right up next to me. I glanced up at his handsome face. His curls erratic and his blue eyes glowing with the presence of his primal side. "If anyone wishes to run with Rori and I, you may. If you don't, that is fine too. Whenever you are ready, make that step. But she wants to run, to show you she is one of us."

Murmurs erupted, but Roman didn't respond to anyone. Instead he stripped away his clothing and let his Lupus form surface. It seemed quick and painless aside from a few grunts, but I knew better. It always hurt somewhat.

His blue black wolf form approached my own, slightly disfigured one and I felt the ties of our bond tighten. I seen the flash of pink emotion and instantly knew the feeling as love and adoration. I trotted over to him, the movement odd and a little jerky, but still doable. I noted I was still smaller than Roman, somehow I figured being a different form would make me bigger, but I wasn't and it made me happy. I lolled my tongue out in a grin and he mimicked me, bumping his thigh into my own happily.

Our moment was interrupted as I heard more breaking bones and smelled more wolfy scents tinge the air. I turned and saw with great delight that most of the pack had decided to join me on a run. Cole came bounding towards me in his pure black Lupus form and tackled me to the ground playfully. He nipped lightly at my fur and I returned the gestures, overjoyed to be able to share these joys with him instead of merely telling him like I thought I'd have to. Yorik and Annalise stood in their Lupus forms, power radiating from them with Aurora's cream colored wolf form nearby. A little red pup known as Lilith stood wagging and eager to come near me, but a large, more auburn-red Lupus stood in her way; Chloe. Her mate was beside her, a bright white Lupus.

Luke, I noticed, joined in as well along with Sarah and Holden. Their white muzzles showing their age, but they stood as eager and ready as young pups. Trevor and Cody were bouncing around, raring to just get going, their eyes shining with excitement.

Those who remained were Eva, Winter, Damion and Bree, of course, because she was a Witch. I met her eyes and she gave me a happy smile and a little wave. I released a yip in her direction, making everyone glance my way, but they easily relaxed around me. I turned to Yorik and nodded my wolfy head. He tipped his head back, signaling with a howl and we were off.

My larger paws melted into the earthen ground with each leap and bound. The smells of the forest locked within my nose and I couldn't be happier to have the mixture of scents within me again. The ties in the pack snapped right back into place once again and I felt each of our movements fluidly and precisely. Colorful images hit me as their emotions crashed into me. All of them had a happy emotion. Yorik flashed scenes of forest areas that we were going to be heading to within our minds and we followed easily. My head tilted back to admire the black sky with winking, white stars that glittered beautifully and the moon which gleamed like a night light that went on for miles and miles. The more it shone down on me the more I felt I too could run for miles and miles.

I was happy, all the stress over the past few days simply melted away the further we ran in the forest, the more we stayed under the star filled sky. I finally felt at ease and at home.

**

After the run, Yorik declared that we could permanently move back in. Most of the pack was comfortable and those who weren't, would be. Eagerly, we raced back to the hotel room and began packing quickly. Just as the last was being packed up, I heard Elliere's voice ring in my head.

"Don't forget about the Jaecars, Rori. Congratulations on getting back into the pack."

Startled, I dropped the clothes I held and wondered how he knew I'd gotten back into the pack, but then again he was in the same hotel last I knew of. It did make sense. I quickly scooped the clothes up again before Roman noticed and made a mental note to speak with Yorik more on taking down the Jaecars tomorrow.

We checked out and made it to the pack house in record time. This time Roman and I didn't hesitate to walk through the door right away and as we entered, the few members in the kitchen or living area paused for only a second before continuing what they were doing, giving short greetings and 'welcome backs'. It felt great to simply be looked over for once and not stared at or surrounded.

We moved around Lupus and headed up the stairs to our room. It was a comfort to finally be back in this room. This room where I slept best with Roman, where we bonded. This was home in it's entirety. I dumped my clothes bag on the floor and stripped off clothes immediately until I was in only underwear. I crawled under the blankets in record time and blinked up at an open mouthed Roman.

"Yes?" I asked with a smile.

"Uh, uhm, nothing. I'll just..."

"Just change right here. It's not anything I haven't seen, Roman. Come to bed. It's going to be a long day tomorrow," I murmured, rolling onto my side to give him some privacy.

He grunted and I heard the swish of cloth rubbing against cloth as he removed it. He slid in beside me, his warm skin hitting my back as he dragged me to his chest and kissed the side of my face.

"It's so good to be home," I murmured sleepily.

"That it is," he whispered, squeezing me slightly as I drifted into my dreams.