31

Elliere wasted no time as he brought his clawed hand back and raked it down the metal fence. Horrid screeching was heard until he stopped and a gap in the fence was made large enough for us to slip in one by one. We had all tensed however when the screeching was made and paused to hear if anyone was coming. When nothing, but silence greeted us Elliere moved forward into what appeared to be a parking lot.

I mentally frowned at the parking lot before us due to the fact it wasn't going to cover us very much. Only a few scattered cars covered the lot, the rest was dark and vacant, but it would be rather easy to spot a Lupus that looked like a old horror movie 'werewolf' and a large pack of moving animals. I also guaranteed that the Jaecar guards carried not only flash lights around during their night time shifts, but also weapons to take down more than a simple human invader.

In other words, if Elliere didn't slip us in properly we'd be extremely screwed.

I watched as the bi-pedal Lupus slipped through the hole in the fence and stopped beside a large truck where he crouched down to shield himself some. He turned back to look at all of us, but I was the only one who still had the temporary, odd mind link with him.

"Come one at a time, Rori."

I snorted at his words to me and glanced back at the waiting, tense pack, wondering how I was going to deliver Elliere's message. Curse his special mind link that only we shared for the time being.

I shook my head, clearing it of all insulting thoughts on Elliere and turned to the pack entirely. I tilted my head and motioned for the members to move. The hole in the fence was really only big enough for one Lupus at a time to slid through, but they could all slip through pretty rapidly and that wasn't what Elliere wanted. No, he wanted one Lupus at a time to go to where he was and then he'd move, another Lupus would take his place and so on. It was a big game of follow the leader, but not in a giant line.

Roman was the one to approach the fence with Yorik behind him. I watched as Roman slipped through, cautiously making his way over to Elliere, and Yorik went to move right after, but I stepped in the way and shook my head. I didn't have the words or emotion to tell him exactly what was going on, but he backed up regardless and waited, much to my surprise.

Elliere flitted to the cover of another car and Roman followed, then I allowed Yorik to slip through after Elliere had nodded. This process went on until eventually everyone had slipped inside without a hitch. We had all made it behind the cover of cars and were beginning to make our way to the compound when a door on the side opened, a few guards spilling out. We froze and all attempted to slip back into the shadows, that was until Elliere released a loud, snarl completely shattering our silence. Within merely seconds, Elliere had slashed open one Jaecars throat causing blood to gush everywhere. From beside me, Roman launched himself at another at his jaws tore out another's throat. Eva and Winter suddenly charged forward and together they ripped the last, screaming Jaecar in half. By the time everyone had finished it, the parking lot was a bloody mess and it was only the beginning of the night.

Elliere had held the door, allowing us all to pour into the bright whiteness of the compound and we set off down the halls, no longer afraid, but furious. Guards hadn't been alerted yet, but as we continued through the halls of supernaturals, they began to plead and yell, asking for us to let them out. All of their faces were contorted into masks of anguish, rage, and torment as we ran past and I had to look away or I was sure I'd stop, shift and release them. I promised to make sure we let them all out once we took down the Jaecars.

The shouting from all the supernaturals alerted the Jaecars that something wasn't right and soon they were pouring down the halls. We had seconds to react and it really wasn't enough. I lunged, blindly and felt my sharp teeth connect with thick material. I clamped my jaws harder and then I felt skin, tasted blood and heard the Jaecar let loose a scream. The weight I clung to began to collapse and I quickly scrambled back, looking to see if I'd killed the vile human or not.

Unfortunately, looking and not simply just aiming to kill again was not the right thing to do. The slice of metal followed by an incredible burning throughout my left shoulder and leg proved that. I let out a loud yelp and jumped back to snarl at the male Jaecar who held a glowing knife.

Enchanted. They had enchanted weapons. Hell!

Another snarl made me jerk and within less than a minute, Roman, speckled with blood, had torn out the male's throat who had just sliced open my shoulder. He then turned to me with a slight furrow between his eyebrows and sent me a wave of concerned emotion. I was about to go to him and nuzzle him for reassurance when the movement and scent of a human behind Roman made me pause. I glanced up and seen a female Jaecar with an evil glint in her eye about to stab my mate with a huge butcher knife.

Apparently they don't stick to just hunting knives...

I lunged immediately, aiming for the hand that held the knife and sliced right down to it's bone. She wailed, but it was cut off seconds later as I tore right through her throat, her severed head rolling off somewhere.

I glanced around me to spot Roman onto a new Jaecar, ripping open it's stomach while blood began to gush. Eva and Winter were tag teaming against two Jaecars who held what looked to be guns and were growling viciously as they snapped at them. Yorik and his mate, Annalise, were busy with their own Jaecars as well as Aurora too, each Jaecar wielding glowing weapons. Garrett had snapped his jaws around a Jaecars' arm and Chloe lunged up to sink her sharp teeth into his neck. Elliere however had five Jaecars around him. He was bleeding from a few wounds and snarling menacingly at the vile humans. Damion and Luke had come over to take down two of the Jaecars, but three remained and I didn't hesitate to rush to Elliere's aid as he knocked two of the three Jaecars into the wall, their spines breaking while the third plunged his knife into Elliere's shoulder blade.

The bi-pedal Lupus released an agonized cry of pain while I took down the third Jaecar, ending in a pool of blood once more. I glanced back up at Elliere to see a green hue around his recent wound and it closing even more rapidly than our Lupus blood healed. My eyes darted to Bree then, who was sweating as she healed as many Lupus as she could. Myself included as the green hue appeared on my shoulder next and tingles ran through my body. I sent Bree a grateful nod and she gave me a wavering smile. I glanced at the boys then, surrounding Bree and watched as they deflected and took down Jaecars aiming to get to our witch, but none succeeded.

Finally, after what seemed like ages, quiet rang through the hall. Blood was everywhere in the white facility, so much it might as well have been painted the color. The pack was covered in blood and Bree looked utterly exhausted even though we were yet to be done. I was sure Claire was hiding with a select few Jaecars who probably had advanced enchanted weapons.

It was worrying, even more so as I saw some of my pack members stagger, heavily, to their feet. I could only hope we all made it out alive, though a building knot in my stomach spoke of everything I was dreading.