20

Roman

Over the next few days, after Rori's bold decision to interact directly to the pack members, her progress improved further within the pack. More members began talking and some even touching her like shaking her hand or rushing up to give her an apologetic hug for their reactions to her. With each pack member that came forward and relaxed around her, Rori herself relaxed and in turn made me relax. I'd never been happier to see the plan we'd made actually working and see Rori laughing and smiling at the Lupus around her.

The only members Rori hadn't managed to reach were the bítches which wasn't exactly a surprise, but with the rest of the pack on our side I knew it'd only be a matter of time.

I smiled at a frazzled looking Rori, dressed only in one of my T-shirts and underwear who was rushing from the closet of the hotel room to the bathroom, trying to decide what to wear. It didn't actually matter what she wore because today she was going to shift and allow the pack, in human form, to observe her and even touch her. She was just over thinking again and worrying, something that Rori did when nervous.

I released a low sigh, one that was for only my ears and quickly got off the bed. I threw on some old sweats in case I needed to shift myself or had to hold back a Lupus Rori or pack member and then grab some of Rori's sweats. She wasn't going to shift nude as she felt too uncomfortable with how the bond between the pack was so rough right now so I grabbed an extra pair as well.

I moved to the bathroom doorway, blocking it and waited as Rori went to turn and rush back out again. She stopped, just barely keeping herself upright and from crashing into my chest and glared up at me.

"What are you doing?"

"Standing in your way," I answered cheekily, smiling.

"Yes, I can see that," she snapped, her nerves evident in her voice as it crashed over me. "If you haven't noticed I'm a bit underdressed to leave and I need to get dressed."

My eyes flickered over her half dressed form hungrily and then locked on her eyes. A growl seeped out of my mouth. "Yes, I can see that."

"Roman," she gasped, struggling to keep her voice a warning though it was weak. "We don't have time for that."

"Sure we do," I answered easily, pushing myself into the bathroom and shutting the door behind me. I stalked towards her as she backed up and eventually pinned her between myself and the sink. Her sea green eyes were dilated and I could tell she wanted me, wanted this, but I wasn't going to give her sex. No, I was just going to take her mind away from what she had to do today.

I lifted my hand up to brush against her face, tingles coursing through me from our bond and then suddenly my lips crashed onto hers. She responded eagerly and I found myself falling into our desire filled bond. My hands slid down her sides, over her hips and around to her thighs where I lifted her onto the sink. She wrapped her legs around me, pulling me against her warm heat and released a moan that sent more shocks slipping over me. Before things could get any more heated, I slowed our kissing and gently eased myself out of her hold on me. She looked at me slightly confused, but dazed.

I grinned as I said,"You look thoroughly distracted. Put these on now and if you aren't dressed in five minutes, I won't finish what I just started."

Rori shook her head slightly, looking at the sweats now in my hand and then glaring up at me. She quickly grabbed the sweats and shoved me out, pausing before slamming the door to threaten, "If you don't finish what you started you'll have to deal with my Lupus side later."

I laughed and promised I would as long as she dressed finally.

Five minutes later as I said, Rori emerged from the bathroom with her blonde hair pulled up and her sweats on looking as gorgeous as ever. She scowled at me, but it was quickly erased as I pulled her in for a quick kiss.

"Now let's go."

**

The pack surrounded us as we stayed in a clearing within the forest. They gave us a wide berth for now as Rori still had to shift, only Cole was slightly closer. He had insisted on being the first to approach Rori in her Lupus form despite the leaders protests. I watched with wary eyes at the pack.

Sarah and Holden looked relaxed, but I could've been wrong. I wouldn't know till Rori began shifting. Trevor and Cody seemed tense, but not uncomfortably tense as they stood side by side. Aurora, the leaders' daughter, was by her parents each of them apparently alert though not nervous. My father seemed alright and my brother appeared slightly nervous as he stood close to Bree Porter who'd forced her way into coming to see Ror shift again, excitement danced within her green eyes. Lilith, Chloe and Garrett were all huddled tightly together. The little girl was at ease while her parents were fairly nervous, but not enough to want to attack once Rori began shifting. The last members my eyes settled on and the ones I'd probably look to often were the bítches. Eva and Winter stood in the back, an aura of dislike and threatening nervousness radiated from them. I wasn't sure with all the members around that they'd attack, but... if they did. It would cause far too much chaos... chaos that could be deadly.

"Rori?" I murmured softly, running my thumb across her fingers. She was shaking, but only slightly.

She looked up at me, her sea green eyes wide and worried. Her ashy blonde hair flowed around her shoulders in the soft breeze. She looked utterly beautiful if not for the fact she was so pale and worried. I brought her hand to my cheek and caressed it lightly to calm her.

"You can do this. I'll take care of the rest, just shift, okay?"

Rori nodded, blowing out a steady breath and squeezed my hand once before releasing it.

"Everyone ready?" I called, scanning around once more. They all shuffled, similar to a wary herd of deer. "If not, get ready."

Rori glanced one last time at me, the pack, and then I watched as she shut her eyes. I heard her groan as the deep rooted bone ache spread throughout her body followed by her skin shivering as fur began to sprout through her pores. Her heartbeat sped up to an unhealthy rhythm and then her bones cracked, snapping into pieces. Her now furry skin protruded as bones rearranged themselves and Rori's grunts turned to whimpers of pain before it was over. My eyes scanned the pack and I realized they were all stuck in a trance at her transformation, but as Rori began to recover and lift her head, a growl rang out followed by others.

My eyes widened in panic and I quickly put myself in front of Rori, placing a hand on her furred head. This, the action of touching her, gave them all pause. The growls ceased and all eyes were round and curious like they couldn't believe I'd touch her so openly and quickly. A collective gasp rang out and I turned to see Cole, eyes wide, but a grin across his face, caressing Rori's ashy white fur. Rori herself was less tense, her body lulling into a relaxed state as her bluer eyes locked onto mine. I could sense her happiness through the bond. She was happy Cole wasn't afraid of her different form.

"It's just like when you first turned when I was human, Rori," Cole whispered, but I could still hear him. "Only I think the pack is coming around far better than our last family, eh?"

Rori snorted a laugh in her Lupus form, making the pack stir again, but not in a bad way. They were startled by the gentleness between them and soon Sarah and Holden approached easily. Each reaching a hand out to stroke her course, but soft fur. With each gentle hand laid upon her Rori became more and more at ease. And with each hand placed upon Rori I watched as more pack members gained the courage to step forward and see there was no threat.

Yorik, Annalise and Aurora followed after Sarah and Holden and because those three were held so highly in the pack, it seemed to win out the rest. They all came flooding forward then to inspect, admire, touch, and realize that Rori was not a danger. Even Winter and Eva had stepped forward and placed a short touch to her.

It was utterly amazing to see the pack go from menacing to completely accepting in matter of days. A grin was stretched on my face so wide I swore I'd tear the muscles. I could see in Rori's eyes she was just as happy too and could feel it. This was a breathtaking moment, we had come incredibly far and we could only go farther from here.