25

I reached out to Elliere immediately, hoping he'd know what I meant. My emotions were a mass of excitement, worry and a little bit of fear. We could finally take them down, I had the confidence that we could, it's just...at what cost? Would there be wounded? Would members die?

I shook my head. I couldn't think like that. We had Bree and Elliere. I couldn't worry like that now. I needed to eat and I needed to get sleep for tomorrow. I'd be seeing if Cole was fit to fight or not in the morning and then planning more details with Yorik, hopefully Elliere would appear tomorrow too having got my signal.

I slid into bed happy and relieved, relaxing entirely as Roman's warm arms surrounded me. He kissed me gently as the waves of sleep began to pull me under. All the stress vanished and I knew I could worry enough tomorrow morning.

**

Morning came quicker than I wanted, but I was woken by Roman's lips on my face and his fingers running through my hair. The tingles of our bond shooting through me a welcome awakening. My hands searched for him and met his firm chest quickly before running up it and grasping his face gently. I smiled as I felt his smile and then his lips against my own. We had so few moments like this since we'd gotten back and I wanted to savor it for just a bit longer. But I knew I couldn't. I had to get up and keep going. I could enjoy Roman and I's moments once the Jaecars were out of business here.

Giving Roman one last kiss, I slipped out of bed and got ready. He was still a bit unwilling, but knew there was too much to do to really protest further than a grunt of displeasure.

Dressed in jeans and a light tank top, I made my way down the steps and outside. Roman had opted to remain in the pack house, telling me he'd save me breakfast once it was made. I agreed, wanting to see Cole as soon as I could and judge whether he was fit.

I enjoyed the summer air and the blooming flowers, liking that I'd escaped from the Jaecars at such a beautiful time in the year. Bees buzzed about and birds chirped in the distance. Animal life was surrounding me and it pleased the more animalistic side of my being. For a few moments I was allowed to relax and just breathe.

The moment was gone in a flash though as I spotted Cole, shirtless and sweaty for a kid, sparring with Luke in the open field I had been training in not long ago. I leaned up against a tree, not allowing Cole to feel or see my presence so he wouldn't be distracted by me. I watched as Luke lashed out with his fist, aiming for Cole's ribs. I felt myself stiffen and feel the need to shift and maul Luke's face, but I resisted the urge. Cole was Lupus now and if Luke hit him he'd heal in no time. Plus, I had trusted Luke enough to train him and it was no different now.

My eyebrows rose in amazement as I watched Cole not only dodge the hit, but manage to get a hit on Luke in the process. He had maneuvered away from Luke and then slammed his fist into his stomach. Luke had braced for the blow, even though he'd seen it late and soon had Cole flat on the ground in seconds.

I thought it was over and was slowly making a decision to leave Cole out of the fight, but then I watched as Cole shook and shivered into his Lupus form. His wolven jaws snapped dangerously close to Luke's human neck and he sprang up immediately. For the next twenty minutes I watched as Luke and Cole as Lupus battled things out and I realized Cole was a good fighter. He held his own better in his wolf form, much like myself due to size. However I knew he'd be an even better fighter if he was older and continued training.

It felt like a risk to put Cole in the fight so young. He was good for his age, but I worried he wouldn't fair well. I was deep in my thoughts and didn't notice Cole had spotted me until his arms flew around me briefly.
"Rori! Did you see? I did well, didn't I?" He said excited, his hazel eyes shining and black hair clinging to his face.