Creating Those Ultimate Moves

Start from the beginning

***

"Gym Gamma, also known as the 'Training Dining Land', Or TDL," Aizawa explained, everyone in their costumes and in the gym.

Cementoss placed his hands on the ground, a light green glow emitting from them as he uses his Quirk. "I came up with the idea for these facilities. Terrain and other things can be prepared specifically for each student. That's what the 'dining' part refers to."

"I see," Kaminari mumbled.

Iida raises his hand high. "Please allow me to ask a question! Why must we have ultimate moves for our provisional licensing exam? Please tell me your reasoning!"

Aizawa looks to Iida. "I'll tell you everything in order. Calm down. The job of a hero is to save people from danger, like crimes, accidents, natural disasters, and man-made disasters. The exam to become one naturally looks at how well you are able to do that. Your ability to gather information, make decisions, move, and fight, in addition to your ability to communicate, draw people to you, and lead-- Every year, a different test is used to look at how well you are able to do those things."

"Of those, your ability to fight is especially important to your futures as heroes," Midnight added, stepping forward. "If you are prepared, you won't have to worry. Whether or not you have an ultimate move will greatly affect whether or not you pass."

"Not being influenced by circumstances and being able to act consistently will make you a great asset on the front lines," Cementoss voices, holding up a single finger. He turns his back, walking away.

"Your ultimate moves do not necessarily need to be of the attacking type," Ectoplasm informed. He looks to Iida. "For example, Iida's Reciproburst-- The temporary burst of speed is enough of a threat to be worth calling an ultimate move."

Iida froze in pride and praise, a hand on his chest. "So that's good enough to be called an ultimate move?"

"I see... So we need to find something that allows us to feel like 'As long as I do this, I have the advantage. I can win.'" Sato questioned, looking at Iida oddly.

Midnight winks. "Exactly! Kamui Woods, who played a big part in the fight the other day, has a move called Lacquered Chain Prison that is the perfect example of an ultimate move. It restrains his opponents before they can do anything."

"The training camp was cancelled, but the training you did to develop your Quirks was part of the process to create your ultimate moves," Aizawa explained.

[Name]'s eyes widen. That's why Aizawa had her sit in the forest by herself was so she could get used to the wild mindset of the Wolf, but that leads to her unlocking the Hellhound. She's glad, but she still has to grasp the power of the Hellhound. She isn't quite sure about how to transform into the Hellhound, but she has the Fear Inducement and the Hell's Flames to her use. She'll see what she can do from there.

"In other words..." Aizawa continued. Behind him, Cementoss used his Quirk to change the landscape in the gym, creating large pillars and different levels of terrain. Ectoplasm uses his Quirk to make multiple copies of himself and launch them out. "...until the beginning of the next semester, for ten days or so until the end of summer vacation, you'll be working out your ultimate moves as you develop your Quirks. You'll be doing intensive training! In addition, you should think about how you can improve your costumes to work better with your developing Quirks." Aizawa narrows his eyes at his students. "Get through this with a "Plus Ultra" mentality. Are you ready?"

"Yes, sir!"

"I'm getting excited!" Kaminari voiced.

---