Valentines

Bigbys P.O.V

Today I was finally heading home to Fabletown after being caught up in Europe for the last four months. My recent case brought me out there where I thankfully ended it. I can't wait to get home for the past 6 hours since I've been stuck on this plane just waiting for its wheels to come screeching onto New Yorks american soil again. I couldn't wait to finally reunite with [Y/N] and keep her in my arms and never leave her again. Snuggle in our bed like the old days and spoil her with a romantic night in.

That is if I land sooner or later.

End P.O.V

Bigby awoke to the sound of the wheels screeching against the tarmac of the long runway.

He's home.

Bigby left the airport and hauled a cab for Fabletown. Thankfully Cryer was there and he didn't have to get a mundy cab to drop him on the outskirts of Fabletown. He threw his bags in the trunk and slouched into the grubby leather back seat. Cryer greeted him with a shy smile and put his foot down. Bigby glanced out the window of the long lost New York streets pass and change through the window and the old scents all came racing back up his snout. Dirty thrash, smokey fumes and the one scent that drove him crazy when he worked or was anywhere in Fabletown. [Y/N]'s sweet, intoxicating musk. God the cab journey was turning into a torture now as the scent progressively got stronger. As the journey back grew, Bigby looked out to see he was close to Fabletown and decided to tell Cryer to stop. He pulled up outside, what looked like toads place and Bigby stepped out.
"Thanks Cryer, leave the bags in the Woodlands for me?" He asked pulling out a bundle of money and counting out $100 dollars.
"Mr. Wolf I can't take all this from you!" Cryer exclaimed once he counted the money in his fingertips.
"Take it. You deserve it" he smiled slapping his palm off the roof and walking away from the cab. As Bigby walked down the street he stopped dead in his tracks when he saw a poster taped to the lamp post.
"Happy Valentines Day!"

"It's Valentines Day!?" He said to himself almost shouting it. And he hadn't gotten you anything at all. "Crap! What do you get on Valentines?" He asked himself until it finally hit him. Flowers. He looked at his watch and saw it was nearing half six. "Great everywhere is going to be closing!"
Bigby ran to a nearby flower shop rooting in his pockets for his wallet until his eyes looked up to see the shop was closed.

"Aw come on!"

He ran down the next street noticing all the flower shops he paced by with the shutters rolled down or a paper closed sign flipped over on the door. "Need to get her flowers or at least something!" He kept mumbling to himself as he reached the end of the street. Luck was fading away. He ran into a nearby store and searched the aisles for chocolates, flowers ANYTHING! Course most of the aisles were wiped clean or left with some crumby gift that Bigby knew you would hate.

"She's going to hate me..." he sighed to himself leaving the store and deciding to walk home. Without a gift to give you...

Approaching your apartment Bigby pulled out a cigarette to help knock down the overpowering scent that was driving him insane and probably make his instincts lead him to doing something stupid when he finally saw you. He ignited the cheap tobacco and took a long drag while approaching the main entrance. Two more huffs of the burning cigarette he flicked it across the path.

Bigby made his way to your apartment until he was standing outside the door taking a deep breath before lightly knocking his knuckles against the painted door. He fixed his tie and pushed back his hair until the subtle sound of light footsteps caught his ears. The door creaked open and you peeped and gasped at what you saw. The door flung open and you caught Bigby into a tight hug which he gladly returned. "I missed you" you whispered lightly hugging him a little tighter that made him smile.

"Happy valentines Day" he whispered as he placed a gentle kiss on your forehead making you slightly melt inside. "So where's the chocolate and flowers?" You teased pulling him into your apartment.

"Yea, about that... You see, I... Well... couldn't.. exactly... eh?" He said awkwardly as his hand slightly went lacing through his hair. "I mean I tried! Like really! I--" you cut off his nervous stuttering blabs by letting your sweet lips meet with the lost ones you hadn't kissed since he left at the airport. He kissed you back until you slowly pulled away, your eyes lazily opening to meet his once again.
"It's okay. You being here is the only valentines gift I need" you smiled hugging your arms around his neck.
"Really? You're not mad I didn't at least get you flowers?" He asked nervously again.

"Yes! Wow, I've never seen you this scared before" you laughed soon feeling his hands lightly rest on your hips. He leaned closer to you with a serious expression plastered on his face, "and if you tell anyone I'm never speaking to you again" he warned with a short chuckle.

"Threatening me on Valentines? Now you should have gotten me flowers, so I'd at least have a little bribe to keep me quiet" you joked hearing his little chuckle again. "Look I'll go buy you a dozen roses tomorrow... no wait, the entire flower shop down the street then" he smiled swooping you in his arms, "how about that?" He said acting almost serious on his word.

"Are you bring serious? Cause I was only teasing--"

"I'll get you something special... kind of a... Our Valentines Day. And we'll celebrate it tomorrow. Deal?"

"Deal" you giggled hugging him as he started carrying you to the bedroom. He rested you on the bed and gently kissed you again.
That night the rain poured down in Fabletown as it pelted against your bedroom window. The subtle droplets poured as the two lovebirds lay in each other's arms in the large bed. Bigby lay in a spooning position with you hugged close to his warm embrace. He would lightly hug you closer in his mumbling slumber.
It may have not being an ordinary Valentines Day with chocolates and flowers or a romantic dinner but Bigby coming home to you after four months was the best gift you could get.

It was unbeatable.

Romantic.

And perfect.

Happy Valentines everyone!

___________________

Indeed! Happy valentines everybody!! 💞❤️
I know it may be over for some and here too as it is now near 2 in the morning... ahh well love I feel may still be in the air! Ha XD

But thanx for reading as always and the idea for this was suggested by cutekitteh1111 hope you liked it!! :3

Thanx for reading everyone and as always STAY AWESOME!! ✌️❤️