Snow Storm [P1]

Two or maybe three part short story!
Enjoy my awesome readers! ✌️
____________________

It was a cold winters day in Fabletown and the office was more cold than the outside itself. Considering the hard frost that hit last night and the fall of 3ft snow. I mean, I liked the snow but today was ridiculous! The heating system had failed for the third time today and Flycatcher was trying to fix it yet again. Only for him this building would be falling apart. With on the verge of failing elevators and air conditioning that seemed to have given up on some floors.
But I guess this building is centuries old, everything is going to grow old with it.

But me? Well I was in the Business Office, well just leaving now as a matter of fact, as Snow had just thanked me for the coffee I just dropped in. Being the new secretary in town, I was always trying to get a good impression from everyone. Which I hope is succeeding as I finally seemed to get on Snows good side since Crane disappeared.
Thank god. He always seemed a little too close to me when he was Mayor...
And Snow, almost every time I saw her back then, seemed cranky and irritated when I spoke to her. Crane pushing her buttons to the exceeding limit no doubt.
I had been working with Bigby back then. Being his secretary and partner in crime. But since the incidents of the Crooked man and with Snow being appointed our new Mayor, I was promoted to her secretary.

I held the last cup of piping hot coffee in my hand and decided the one person who probably can smell it, wants it. I stopped outside the wolfs office and gently knocked. A gruff call for entry followed by a serious of coughs came shortly after. I pushed open the door and saw him trail his eyes from a cluttered pile of stacked paperwork to his drink of revival. He looked exhausted and didn't look too good either.
"Just brought you some coffee if you want some?" I smiled shyly taking short steps and stretching the take away cup to him. His nostrils flared and his lips twisted a smile, "Black, just how I like it" satisfied he took the mug from me. I nodded and made my way for the door. Grasping the cold handle, an audible cough came from behind me.
"Uh... Thanks [Y/N], for the coffee" the smile growing a little more. I turned my head returning a small smile to him, "you're welcome Mr. Wolf" and I left the slightly chilly office.
The cold here was not getting any better and I decided to call it a night. I felt myself shiver as the coldness seemed to get slightly worse the further down the hall I went. I passed by a narrow window which instantly brought my feet back. I looked at the white coated glass and gasped.
"Snow storm..." I quietly said to myself. I was slightly worried now as the snow itself was almost falling in chunks. Rather quickly too.
I was hoping we won't be snowed in tonight..
I decided the best place to be right now was cozied in my new bed. I sighed happily at the thought, making my way toward the elevator. I clicked the flickering button struggling to stay alight. I watched the arrow rotate toward my floor. Then with the chime of a ding the doors slid open. I made my way inside and leaned against the wall. Just as the doors were about to close a large hand caught in the middle instantly bringing the doors open again. I looked up to see Bigby walk in with a slight head rise. "[Y/N]"
"Bigby" I said watching the doors close. It was slightly silent after that. For about two seconds which felt like eternity to me.
"You calling it a night?" He asked, his hand diving into his pocket.
"Yes, Snow said she was fine for the night and mainly because it's freezing here"
"Fly still hasn't fixed the heating yet? Great..."
"You calling it a night too, Bigby?"
"Hm? Oh not yet, just going to grab another pack from my apartment" He must smoke a least two packs of those a day and yet he can run for eternity without having a heart attack. Perks of being a Fable I guess. The elevator was sure taking forever to get to some floor and I could almost feel the box itself slow on ascending.
That's when everything went black. And even more colder.

"Aw shit..." Bigby grumbled hitting the buttons repeatedly with pure anger.
"We're stuck?" I sighed soon noticing the emergency light blast on above us. "At least we're not in total darkness"

"Yea... but looks like we're gonna be here a while"

____________________

Updated this book! I know! I'm free from school and I'm going to try update as much as possible!!
-Puts on shades- LETS DO THIS!!
.........
STAY AWESOME! ✌️🐺