Dance with me

It had been a long day, a really long day but a great day to say the least. Bigby had the day off and insisted on getting away from the city for a couple of hours. That couple of hours had actually ended up being the entire day, but it was a good day like I said.
At the moment however Bigby was in the middle of getting a fire going whilst I lay on the ground looking up at the pinks and yellows washing the sky as the sun began to set. We had just come from a long walk, well him doing the walking on four paws whilst I sat on his back, yet he almost scared me to death with his outragous speed.
A sudden chuckle of relief erupted next to me as I turned my attention to see a proud smirk plastered on Bigby's face as the fire began crackling, "There we go"
"Thank god, it's starting to get chilly out here" I shivered sitting up from my body mold in the blades of grass. Scooting closer, I instantly felt the heat waves from the dancing flames swift onto my goosebumped skin.

"Well, we should head back before it gets dark, could be an hour before then" he stated examing the sky above him. "That okay with you babe?" I hummed alongside with a simple nod to his caring question. "I wish we could stay out here like last time" I smile rethinking back to last summer when we both had camped under the stars. We had only been going out a couple of weeks and Bigby insisted on camping since he loved the forest. That night we both talked for hours and hours telling each other anything our minds set upon and soon ending the night with music been played in the background as we both lay on the grass. Well Bigby did whilst I rested against his ebony fur. It was actually the first time I'd seen bigby for what he truly was.

"I know... Shame we left the camping set back at your place" he sighed lowly toying at the fire with a stick. "Besides we both gotta work tomorrow or Snow would hunt us down for been late"
"Heh like last time" I joked remembering what had happened that day. It had been the night of the Crooked Man case closing and we both had spent the whole night drinking in my place since the town was out celebrating. Staying up most of the night and been 2 hours late wasn't the wisest thing to to do with Snow been someone you shouldn't agravate in the morning.

As the sun had set over the horizon, the sky had grew darker and both bigby and myself had seemed to be reliving the last camping trip, the music from my phone playing in the background and both our body's laying next to each other on the cold grass. This time bigby's body intact rather than the shape of an oversized wolf.

As we lay in silence with the sounds of the fire crackling and crickets chirping about in the forest, the song soon changed, and so did my mood. Instantly hearing the next song, pricked my ear in an instant, "I absolutely love this song," (play song) I stated beginning to hum the melody to Ed Sheeran's song called Kiss Me.
Bigby glanced down at me humming like a fool to myself as I smiled with embarrassment up at him. He sat himself up and jumped to his feet, stretching an inviting hand out to me, "up" he said as I took his hand, following him to a patch of grass, just a few feet away from the dying fire.
As we stopped, he looked down at the ground. "What are we standing on?" Curious as to what he was getting at, I looked at the ground myself, and then I answered him with the obvious and correct answer. "Grass," I muttered. He slightly shook his head from side to side with a wide grin, and took my waist pulling me in close to him. "Wrong. Tonight, it's a dance floor"

As the beginning of the song's lyrics finally took off, our eyes met, my arms draped around his neck whilst his held my sides. Neither one of us were brilliant dancers, so we held each other close and mainly just swayed back and forth in the rythm of the music playing behind us. As our swaying began to slow Bigbys hand found my arm, where he pulled it from behind his neck and took the hand into his own. I smiled up at him and laid my head onto his shoulder, feeling his rest against mine and his hand gripping my hand.
"Y'know I've been meaning to tell you something Y/N" he whispered nudging his head against mine as we swayed. I pulled away from his shoulder and rose a brow at him. "And that is?" I could see the uncertainty in his eyes, and he tried covering it with an awkward smile as our dance seemed to slow down.

"This feels like falling in love~"

He pulled me closer, and held me tighter in his arms, "I... It's just that I've... Goddamit" his words seemed jumbled on his tongue. What was on his mind?
"Bigby?" I whispered placing my hand against his cheek, "whats wrong?"

"Kiss me like you wanna be loved~"

He answered my question by closing his eyes, and bringing his lips closer to mine until they finally met. A sudden kiss that seemed to be our most passionate kiss yet.

"This feels like falling in love~"

As a subtle guitar solo played in the song, he pulled away and tried again, "Y/N... Since I first met you, I knew there was something special about you..." I found myself blushing at his words as he stopped our swaying, "and that something changed me..." I felt his other hand take my other free palm and soon enough both our fingers were locked against one another.
In this moment, I realized what he was getting at as I felt my heart race against my chest almost loud enough so I could hear it. "I guess what I'm tryna say is... is" his eyes met my own again and he'd come to notice the tears forming in the corners of my eyes. His left hand freed my own and his index finger caught the tear gliding down my cheek. I soon felt that hand take my chin as his smile returned and his eyes watched my own. 

"I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet
And with this feeling I'll forget, I'm in love now~"

"Y/N I love you"

In the moment we were sharing I could easily tell I had entirely and completely fallen in love with him too. And it seemed I had only come to realise it now... It took me a year and a half to figure it out but Bigby just bet me to it. My mouth had become dry as I couldn't reply with words but decided that actions speak louder than words and instead kissed the living life out of him.

"We're falling in love"

******

Shit and short I know...
It was a draft for like 6 months... 🙈

STAY AWESOME! ✌