Chapter 15

Listen to the song and imagine Kenma singing.

-----

Akaashi completely left all his school works when he saw Kenma's numerous missed calls. His phone was on silent mode because he was studying and he cursed himself for not noticing the blonde's call.

He rushed to the nearest bus stop. The thought that Kenma might be in danger worried him. He dialed the other's number and after a few rings, the other setter answered.

"Kozume! Where are you? What happened?" Akaashi asked, voice hoarse from the sprint he did.

"A-Akaashi... I'm coming over." Kenma's voice trembled as he sniffed here and there.

"Where are you right now?" Akaashi asked instead of questioning what happened. He thought it wasn't the best time for that. 

"I... am in front of your school. S-sorry... I don't know where your house is," Kenma replied.

"Wait for me there." Akaashi immediately sprinted his way to Fukurodani Academy which was a bit far from where he was at but he didn't mind. It was Kenma who needed help. 

--

Kenma tried to stop his sobs by covering his mouth with his hand but it didn't work. All he could ever think was what would life be without Kuroo by his side. Almost his entire life, Kuroo guided him. From his struggles in school to his problems in life, Kuroo was there.

And what now?

He should've known. That risking there friendship was a bad choice.

That falling in love with his bestfriend was a bad choice.

"Kozume!" 

Ah, this voice.

Kenma closed his eyes, inhaling deeply before opening them again. He tilted his head to the running figure headed towards him.

He stood up. "Akaashi I'm-"

Akaashi crashed his body against Kenma's and tightly wrapped his arms around him. 

"Thank God you're safe. I was so worried," Akaashi panted, gently stroking Kenma's blond locks with his other hand.

With that, Kenma's tears flowed rapidly. 

This voice.

This voice saved him.

--

"Shall we get ice cream?" Akaashi broke the silence.

After Kenma cried his heart out, Akaashi led him to his apartment. The gloomy atmosphere did not escape the four-walled room. The blonde was silent for almost an hour and the ravenette let him be.

Kenma looked at him. "It's late, Akaashi..."

Akaashi smiled. "I have leftover ice cream on my fridge."

Kenma couldn't help but to smile a little. "Ice cream freak."

The other setter rolled his eyes before standing up. "Yeah, whatever. Let me just get 'em."

It was only a few minutes before Akaashi sank to the seat beside him, handing him a bowl of vanilla  ice cream. 

As soon as they started eating, Akaashi's curiosity got into him. 

"Hey.." he started. "What actually happened? It's okay if you won't tell me though. I'm just curious and... worried."

Kenma stopped from scooping his ice cream and smiled bitterly. "I broke up with him. Told him he should stop lying to me and himself. I think it was for the best, you know. It wasn't like I'd be with someone who half-heartedly loves me."

"Y-you did that?" Akaashi was kind of shocked.

"Yeah." Kenma nodded then tilted his head to look at the other. "Isn't that what you advised me to do?"

"Y-yeah. I'm just... shocked."

Kenma chuckled. "Surprise? I'm not okay though."

"I know."

The blonde looked away, nodding. "Yeah."

"I know, Kozume. But I'm proud of you. I'm really really proud of you for making that decision. You were amazing. You still are. You deserve better, okay? Next time... next time choose the right one."

"Akaashi... I don't think I'll ever find someone I'd love the way I love Kuro. But I know... that time can heal me. Maybe by then, I'd find someone worthy of me. Maybe by then, I'd love again. Just thinking of moving on hurts, you know." Kenma's voice trembled. "Kuro is just different. I don't know... I think I'm doomed. But maybe... who knows." He chuckled.

Akaashi put his bowl on the table. He held Kenma's hands. "I'm here. I'll help you move on. Don't get me wrong," he chuckled. "I'm here as your friend. You know I like you, right? But I won't force you."

Kenma stared at those deep blue ocean eyes. "Akaashi, thank you so much. I'm glad we bumped into each other. I'm glad I accepted your offer. I'm glad that I became your friend. I'm sorry if I can't like you back... It's still hard for me right now. I'm sorry." 

"It's okay, Kenma... Can I call you Kenma?" Akaashi looked away, getting shy with the situation they were in.

"Okay, Keiji." Kenma grinned.

Akaashi's eyes widened before he looked back to Kenma. "W-wow, my name sounds actually pretty good."

"I like your name more than mine."

The ravenette rolled his eyes. "Yeah, whatever."

Kenma giggled. "Your name sounds pretty."

Akaashi blushed. "S-stop that."

"I'm telling the truth!"

"Shut up."

"Now that I remembered, people called you the pretty setter of Fukurodani." Kenma smirked.

"S-stop. That's embarrassing."

"Fine, the pretty setter of Fukurodani."

Akaashi huffed before shoving a spoonful of ice cream inside Kenma's mouth.

"Shut up and eat your ice cream."

Kenma giggled. Even though he was still hurting, he knew he had a friend to rely on. He was thankful that the gods sent Akaashi to him. 

----------

IT'S ABOUT TO END I'M CRYING