Chapter 12

Soft winds blew Kenma's blond locks. He sat under the shade of a huge tree. He liked peace and silence so staying at a park on weekdays was a huge help to calm his mind. He reminisced every single memory of him with Kuroo, doodling them afterwards. He knew he had to review but that could wait later, he thought.

The school year was about to end. Things might change drastically at some point. He totally knew this. Even now, everything was changing. One action had put everything into a mess.

If only you didn't cheat on me.

Kenma sighed. 

A certain ravenette sat beside him.

"You're here," the blonde said, looking beside him.

"It's because I called you?" Akaashi grinned.

Kenma rolled his eyes and tilted his head to face the playground in front of them.

"So why are we here?" he asked.

Akaashi called him, saying he'd like to meet him at the park near Fukurodani Academy. Normally, Kenma would say no because number one reason, it's kind of far from his place. But his friend sounded so serious that he said yes.

And there they sat silently.

Akaashi didn't answer.

"Hey, Akaashi Keiji. Are you there?"

"Kozume, I have something to tell you," Akaashi finally spoke.

"Why do you sound so serious? I'm getting nervous here but alright, what is it?" Kenma lightly chuckled.

"I'm really thankful that we became friends. It's like I finally have someone who I can talk to freely, you know. Without any filters or anything." Akaashi smiled to himself, not even sparing a glance to the shocked Kenma.

"Okay? But why are you telling me this?" Kenma asked, curious and at the same time, awkward. "I mean, I'm thankful too haha."

He never really was a fan of heart to heart talk.

Akaashi inhaled and exhaled deeply before saying, "But I like you not just as a friend. I like you as a person. I like you as the way you are. I like you because you're you."

Kenma froze, stiffened, or whatever term he could describe himself at that moment.

Did he hear it wrong?

"Uh Akaashi what?" He awkwardly laughed, turning to face the other.

Akaashi's ocean eyes pierced through Kenma's. "Kenma, I like you."

Kenma's widened eyes softened. "Akaashi..."

"I know. I know you don't like me that way. I really just... wanted to tell you." The ravenette lowered his head and let out a pained chuckle. "It hurts, though."

"Uhm, I don't know what to say. I'm sorry..." 

Kenma felt guilty. Really really guilty. But he just couldn't love Akaashi in an instant. Besides, he had Kuroo. He loved him.

"It's fine. Glad I let that one out." Akaashi laughed but it wasn't like the usual. 

He was not looking at Kenma. He's hurt.

"Akaashi, come here," Kenma called him, opening his arms wide for the ravenette to be inside.

"No, no. I'm fine, you don't have to," his voice trembled as he answered.

"No, I should. I'm still your friend," Kenma said, in a soft tone.

In a split of second, Akaashi wrapped his arms tightly around Kenma's little body. The latter was a bit shock but then smiled.