Chapter 5

So let's just all pretend I typed 'Kuro' in the previous chapters. Honestly, I totally forgot that Kenma calls him that. I'll edit them some time, gomen. And just some kind of disclaimer: the characters in here may be OOC since I need it for the plot. I hope you won't be too shocked T^T

-

Kenma entered the ice cream shop and sat down with one of its vacant seats.

He checked the time.

I guess I was a bit early, huh...

As if he was heard, the bell just above the door chimed, revealing a guy with messy black hair. He looked around, ocean-like eyes finding golden ones. 

Kenma shyly raised his right hand, leaving the other pinching his thigh underneath the table.

Akaashi showed a small smile before he walked towards where Kenma was sitting. He occupied the seat in front of the blonde.

"Hey.." 

"Hi.."

They were both not the social type so they didn't know how to start a conversation.

Kenma internally sighed before he fished his own wallet in his pocket.

"I'm gonna order us ice cream..." His eyes shifted to Akaashi's. "What flavor would like to have?"

"Uh- vanilla, I guess."

The blonde nodded and stood up to head to the counter.

"I'm-" 

Kenma tilted his head to look at Akaashi.

"I'm paying for mine..."

"Uh, it's alright. I'm paying today," Kenma said and turned his back to go.

Akaashi sighed in defeat. Well, he could just pay next time.

Wait, next time...

Akaashi slightly blushed.

What am I thinking? No, Keiji.

After a few minutes, Kenma walked back, holding a tray with two servings of ice cream.

"I like it here, they work fast," Kenma commented as he placed the tray on their table and sat down.

"Really? I guess I'll go here everyday." Akaashi got his own share of vanilla ice cream. 

Then he realized what he said.

"Uh- I didn't mean to drag you here everyday. I can just go by myself."

"It's fine. Kuro is busy anyways and all I do is play games or study at home, nothing much. Maybe I'll bring him with me next time- if it's fine with you."

"Y-yeah, sure. I'll bring Bokuto-san some time too so they can catch up."

Kenma hummed and nodded.

"I guess we'll be facing you again next year. Your team, I mean." 

"I'm.. not sure about that. I'm thinking of quitting," Kenma replied.

Akaashi stopped eating. "Why?"

"I just don't feel like it. Besides, Kuro will be going to college and I find it hard to communicate with others without him. Kind of pathetic but yeah..."

Akaashi nodded. "I understand, though I know you can handle yourself without him. You love volleyball, right?"

"Yes, I learned to love it but I'm just scared... I just- I just can't imagine myself playing without Kuro."