Chapter 1

The sound of an alarm echoed through the four walls of Kenma's room. He groaned as he tried to reach for his phone, eyes still closed. He kept tapping his bedside table and yet he couldn't get a hold of his cellphone. 

Kenma's patience was too little just like him. He muttered a curse before he sat up and looked for his phone. It was an annoying day. Well, everyday was annoying for him so it was quite normal. Not when he saw a pair of cat-like eyes which mirrored his and a familiar bedhead. 

"Kuroo, why the fuck are you holding my phone? And please, turn off that damn alarm," Kenma grunted, rubbing his tired eyes.

Who could he blame? He stayed up until three just to play his new video game.

"Oya? Why so grumpy?" Kuroo teased.

"Oh, don't tell me you stayed up late."

"There's this new game."

"I knew it."

"Okay? Go out, I'm going to take a shower." 

Kenma waved his hand to dismiss Kuroo while he was looking for his towel within the pile of random things in his room.

"We should clean this up some time, babe."

"We don't have that time. Finals are coming and as much as I hate it, I need to study." Kenma sighed, he finally found his towel.

"Don't worry, I'll teach you and you'll help me study. Isn't that great?"

"Yeah," Kenma timidly replied and walked towards his bathroom door.

"Wait a second."

Before he knew it, Kuroo smashed his own lips to Kenma's. He purposely tugged the latter's blond hair, causing him to shudder. 

Kenma lightly pushed him away. "That's not a second," he said, panting.

"I know right," Kuroo replied.

"I'll cook us breakfast while you shower, mkay?" he added as he patted Kenma's pudding head and strutted his way outside the latter's room.

Kenma was left there flustered.

It had been a year since they were officially together and he couldn't lie that he fell for his bestfriend really hard. For the past years, Kuroo's random flirting wasn't a big deal to Kenma. He thought that his bestfriend was just making fun of him because he never had a girlfriend and he never was attracted to anyone. 

But not when those random flirting turned into makeout sessions. It hit him that that wasn't normal anymore and yet he enjoyed it. He was scared to ask Kuroo- to clarify everything. As far as he knew, Kuroo never gave interest to his own kind.

He had few girlfriends and Kenma knew too well his ideal type. Tall, skinny, and pretty girls. He wasn't even close enough and he was a boy.

Pathetic, he thought.

But Kuroo was the first one to confess, saying the he loved him since they were kids but was too afraid to admit it to himself and to Kenma.

It was a new beginning after that.

Kenma couldn't help but to blush as he reminisced those days. He quickly turned on the shower and the cold water met his tiny body, easing his mind.

--

"How does it taste?" Kuroo asked, grinning.

"Fine."

"Aw, so cold babe."

"Kuroo, this is how I talk. If you have a problem with that-" 

The ravenette immediately hushed him with a peck.

"I know, I'm just teasing you, okay?"

Kenma nodded and went back to eating the pancakes that his boyfriend cooked. 

Kuroo found it adorable so he ruffled the pudding head and sank back to his seat. He, too continued eating his own dish. 

"Hey, next school year I'll visit you during training," Kuroo declared.

"No, it's a waste of money and energy. Just visit me during weekends," Kenma objected.

"But babe-"

"I'm going to quit the volleyball club."

"What? Why?"

"I don't want to get tired and you're not around anymore so..."

Kenma whispered the last part because he, of course, wasn't that bold to blurt out things like that.

Kuroo grinned. Of course he heard it. After all, the whole house was quiet since Kenma was living by himself. "That's why I'm telling you I'll visit. It's just a bus ride."

After realizing that his boyfriend had heard it, Kenma looked down to his pancakes and played with it, hiding his red cheeks.

"Kuroo..."

"No buts, babe," Kuroo remarked. "Come on, finish your food or else we'll be late."

He slowly nodded.

--

As soon as they arrived, Kuroo pulled Kenma into the restroom to give him a quick kiss before they both go to their own classes.

Their relationship was in secret. Everyone thought they were childhood bestfriends and that's all. Everyone expected Kuroo to have a girlfriend. Everyone expected Kenma to just be focused on his video games.

And that bothered him.

Because he wanted to show everyone that Kuroo was his and he was Kuroo's but that's not society was telling them. Society had standards and norms, it can't be helped. It was the bitter reality. 

Kuroo was about to part their lips but Kenma pulled him back. He got shocked for a moment but continued kissing the blonde. He ran his fingers through Kenma's blond locks and tugged it as his hand reached its ends, causing the pudding head to let out a small whimper.

The bell rang, causing the two to part.

"Shit, we're late," Kuroo said, panting. His lips was red and swollen just like Kenma's.

"We'd better go," Kenma suggested.

Just like that they both went outside the restroom and parted ways, like nothing ever happened inside.

To everyone, they're just bestfriends.