Chapter 7

Kenma couldn't stop trembling as he lied down beside a sleeping Kuroo. He just didn't know what to do. He did not want to end their relationship. Millions of negative thoughts came to his head only to be stopped by his "It was just a mistake".

It was just a mistake.

Kuro was just...

Was just what?

Just cheating?

Kenma had to laugh internally. Oh how he hated cheaters and how he was dealing with one.

His thoughts were a blur, the only clear thing was that no matter what Kuroo did, he still loved him.

It was just a mistake...

Kenma drifted back to sleep.

--

When Kenma woke up, Kuroo was nowhere to be seen. There was a note slipped under his phone saying that his boyfriend had to go early since he had unfinished business at school that was due on that day.

The blonde ran his fingers through his hair. 

Yeah, like going to that girl.

He tried his best to shrug it off. Kuroo must be telling the truth. After all, he's a third year. He just had to believe in him.

He knew this was pathetic but he had to try. He had to try clinging to his last resort- he still loved Kuroo and the latter hadn't broken up with him yet.

Unknowingly, his phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Kozume... are you okay there?"

Kenma chuckled. "Akaashi, I'm fine. Stop being a mother."

"I'm just worried. I'll check up on you this afternoon. You good with that?"

"Sure sure. You better be helping me study."

"Alright. I'll bring my notes."

"Yeah, see you later."

"Okay..."

The  line went silent.

"Uh Akaashi..?"

"Oh yeah, right right. I gotta.. go. Take care, Kozume."

Akaashi ended the call, leaving Kenma confused by his behavior.

Akaashi can be weird sometimes.

He shrugged it off like he usually did. He had to start preparing for another tiring day.

--

Even though he woke up early, Kenma arrived late. He was distracted to an online game that he didn't notice the time. Now, he was intensely running towards his classroom. This was the situation where he cursed his legs for being so short and his stamina for being so low.

He slowed down when he passed by the third years' classrooms. He glanced inside Kuroo's classroom and what he saw didn't help his exhaustion.

Of course, Kuroo had to be seated beside Alisa. 

Kenma could clearly see the two stealing glances.

He walked faster to their classroom.

Kenma knocked on the door before he came in. Inside, it was silent. His classmates didn't spare him a glance which he was thankful for. The teacher was writing something on the board and seemed like hadn't heard the knock.

He sighed before he took a seat. Rummaging through his bag, someone poked him. Kenma looked up only to be greeted by a smirking Yamamoto.

"What?" Kenma deadpanned.