"Why would you do that?" Morgan asked, clearly containing his frustration.

"Because we were scared."

"Dylan..."

"Please," Dylan begged. "Max and Annie are in trouble. I'm sorry we lied, but they need help. Please."

Kamille pursed her lips as she awaited Morgan's response. She already knew the answer – none of them could leave the kids to fend for themselves.

"Okay, we'll see what we can do," Morgan agreed, and Dylan breathed out with relief before looking up at Luciana and Kamille.

"I'm sorry," he muttered.

Luciana and Kamille exchanged looks before looking down at him.

"You said that already," Luciana said calmly.

Dylan remained quiet as he avoided their eyes.

"We've still got to fix this thing," Kamille said, before nudging him gently. "You still okay to help?"

Dylan looked up and his nervousness began to disappear when he saw that Kamille wasn't angry, at least not too much. He nodded quickly, and the three of them got to work.

After spending another hour or so putting the antenna back up, the three of them looked up at it with pride. Kamille only hoped it would actually work and they could get in contact with Strand and the others. And Mía.

"Now we just have to test it," Luciana read everyone's minds.

"It'll work," Kamille was sure of herself, smiling at the other two.

"Dylan?" Luciana's radio came to life, interrupting their moment. It sounded like Annie. "Dylan, pick up."

Luciana handed the radio to Dylan who accepted it eagerly.

"Annie?" he rushed out worriedly. "You alright?"

"What did you tell them?" Annie asked with annoyance.

"They were telling the truth before, Annie," Dylan defended. "They just wanna help."

"Are you really that stupid, Dylan?"

"It's the truth," Dylan said. "I think they can help us, too."

It went quiet on their end and Dylan lowered the radio, looking between Luciana and Kamille.

"They're safe," Kamille said, nodding to Dylan. "Your siblings are safe. I'm sure Alicia and Morgan will bring them back."

Dylan nodded, guilt still residing in his eyes. "I know how we've acted, but we were scared."

"It's okay," Luciana reassured him, accepting the radio back off him. "It doesn't matter. Let's just go and test the CB. See if we can see how our other friends are doing."

Dylan nodded and led the way. As Luciana and Kamille followed after him, Kamille glanced at the girl next to her.

"How's your shoulder feeling?" she asked with mild concern.

the truth about survival part II • an Alicia Clark fanfiction (girlxgirl)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें