Chapter 8

Rachel drove to Bobby's, part of her wanted to say yes to the angel and forget all of this. But deep down, she felt like she belonged here. She always felt an unexplainable void inside. For the first time she realised it wasn't there anymore. She was where she was supposed to be. She was going to fight. That's what she was made to do. But she was going to do this her way.

She pulled into Bobby's driveway and climbed out. Before she could grab the bags from the back, she heard the door bang open and saw an angry Dean stomp his way to her, followed by Sam who was trying to stop him.

Why the hell did you turn down his offer!? Dean barked at her getting into her personal space.

Dean... Warned Sam but Dean never looked away from Rachel's eyes, waiting for her answer.

They said you couldn't win and even if you did some or all of you would die. She explained loudly, not liking this side of Dean.

Wouldn't be the first time we prove them wrong! Rachel that was just plain stupid! He yelled again.

It isn't your mess to clean Dean! She yelled getting angry.

The hell it isn't! You would have been safe Rachel, you wouldn't have to live without Lucas and all that guilt. You would've had a life! I thought you said you loved Lucas!

DEAN! Sam yelled to let his brother know he went too far.

Rachel's hand flew across Dean's face, hard. He took a step back but Rachel closed the space by taking a step forward getting into his face, this time.

Don't you EVER doubt my love for Lucas. She warned before shoving him away from her and stalking into the house.

You think she needed that right now? Asked Sam to Dean.

She just passed on getting a ticket out, Sam. Begging his brother to see his point.

She probably saved all of our lives doing it, Dean... Sam countered before grabbing the bags from the truck and walking into the house. Leaving Dean alone to cool off.

Rachel had made a bee line to Bobby's liquor cabinet and pulled out a bottle of rum, she turned to see Castiel, he opened his mouth to say something.

Not now Cas. She stopped him and made her way upstairs to her room, bottle in hand.

Sam brought back the bags and Bobby helped him put the stuff away. Dean entered and grabbed a beer from the fridge and sat at the table. Castiel also made his way and sat with Dean.

I guess we should start planning tomorrow, I think Rachel had enough for today, if locking herself into her room with a bottle of liquor is any indication. Said Castiel.

Dean looked up to the ceiling and then at Sam who was giving him a look.

Yeah, I might have be... responsible for that. He said to Castiel.

What did you do? Asked the angel.

Told her she should've accepted the offer.

You, of all people, should understand her decision. She isn't some damsel in distress that needs you to save her Dean. She is meant to save you and everybody else. Jesus Christ was the only one able to exorcise Legion back to hell. Rachel is the only one who is strong enough to do it. Explained Castiel.

Then why do I feel like I have to protect her from all of this? Every fiber in my being is screaming to get her safe. He said loudly.

Castiel took a deep breath and stared at his hands on the table.