[Turning You] On! Chapter 26

Start from the beginning

“Maybe you should give him a chance to talk, so you can find out.” I told him.

“I don’t feel like there’s a good explanation.”

“You can’t know until you actually listen. Terry I know you are upset, but you and your Dad do need to talk things out.”

“I have a feeling things will escalate higher than usual if we talk. I don’t want to say something that I’m going to regret.”

“You don’t regret anything you have already said to him?”

“No,”

“You were pretty harsh.”

“No I wasn’t” He retorted. I sighed.

“Just talk to him Terry.”

“I will later.” I laid my head back against his shoulder.

“Brielle,” I heard a familiar voice call out. I turned in the direction it came from to see Rickey walking in our direction.

“Hey,” I replied. “How are you?”

“Good you?”

“Great, what are you doing here?”

“I had to come pick some things up from the office.” He said before looking at Terry.

“This is Terry,” I said beginning to introduce them. “Terry this is Ricky,”

“What’s up man,” Terry greeted.

“What up,” Ricky replied.

“How’s your mom?” I asked him.

“Okay, I guess,” I heard the bell sound for lunch

“I hope things get better.”

“Yea me too.” He replied. “Well look I got to go. It was good seeing you again.”

“Yea you too, bye!” I said as students began to file into the lunch room. I turned back around in my seat and leaned my head back against Terry’s shoulder.

“Who was that?” Terry asked.

“An old friend, he used to go here.”I told him not giving up anything else.

“Yall have a history?”

“Kind of,”

“What does that mean?”

“Why so curious?”