THIRTY FIVE

This is a much shorter chapter than the others so far, but I wanted to make the transition between this phase in Ehsaan and Aleena's life and the next phase as smooth as possible... I hope you enjoy x

4 months on and life is finally beginning to feel a little easier. Ehsaan and I had our down days here and there, and we were always reminiscing on the good times we'd had since the pregnancy began, but we are learning to keep our eyes looking forward and stay focused on our future. Good times are now resurfacing, and its such a relief to my soul that the pain has now begun to settle. Yes, our wounds have left a lasting scar, but it was one we cared for fondly–because we've never been happier than we were when we were a family.

About a month ago, Ehsaan went back to work, but I still hadn't got myself another job yet, and he had made sure I didn't feel pressured to do so either. Instead, I was spending quality time with friends and family, but I was keen to start working again soon. I'd been off work since Ehsaan and I left Dubai, and though it had been a welcome break from the the crazy atmosphere of teenagers and high schools, I honestly missed the environment and making a difference to so many young people's lives –so I decided that I would start applying for jobs again.

Tonight we're having a long overdue get-together at my parent's house. Mama and Baba had recently gone to visit Palestine and only returned last night, and today is also Sami's birthday, so me and Saffa have organised a little party to celebrate our family. Ehsaan and I got ready in some nice, dressed up casual clothing and headed to collect my brother's cake from the bakery. Once we got there, I called Rima and asked her when she was coming up as she was bringing the food I'd ordered with her. We set everything up, and the evening was a huge success. It was comfortable, and lively, and I was so glad we'd planned it.

As we were sat around the room, I asked a question that had been on my mind for quite some time now,

"Hey, Rima, Sami, how much longer are you two going to make me wait before you officially tie the knot?"

"Oh honey, finally someone who agrees with me! These two are making me and Rima beti's parents wait forever! They keep saying they don't know! Tell them!" Mama laughed in response to my question.

"Yeah, get a move on!" Saffa chimed in, "Why are you being so quiet for? You usually have an answer to absolutely everything Rima!" she continued, making us all laugh.

Rima blushed slightly and looked down, avoiding Sami's affectionate lowered gaze. I caught Ehsaan's eye, and he knew just as well as I did that they'd been putting off their own celebrations to give us our time and space to grieve. But it was their chance to shine now, and they deserve it more than any other two people in the world.

"Well, to be honest, I think I'd rather have it sooner rather than later" Sami muttered.

"What about you Rima?"

"I don't want to wait another minute, Aunty" she whispered, hugging mama from the side.

"No, no. Not Aunty –I told you, I'm your mama now, andInshaAllahI always will be. You've been a daughter to me for as long as I can remember now, and I'm so happy my son chose you."

"Awwww!!" Saffa and I squealed.

"Well you know what this means?" I stated, as though it's the most obvious thing in the world, "Let the wedding planning begin!"

Eeee! Who else is ready for Rima and Sami to finally be married??!