Chapter 26- Draco Malfoy

The days without Fred seemed to drag on. I found myself frequently counting down the days until I see him again. But while I wait for that blessed day I get to reunite with my teenage lover , I have to focus on my missions.
Ever since my talk with Dumbledore I have been frequently owling Fudge. What surprised me was that Fudge always replied within a day or two. He usually takes up to a week. Plus I have noticed that he keeps saying that 'I'm like a daughter' to him. Which I feel guilty about because I'm 100% loyal to Dumbledore. Fudge was somewhat like a father figure in my life and I did have some love for him still.

Personally I believe Fudge is mentally ill or blinded by his stress. He clearly has outgrown his post as Minister of Magic. I always believe that Kingsley should be Minister. He is one of the best aurors and we need someone like him in charge when Voldemort starts causing real havoc.
Someday after I have outgrown being an Auror I would like to be Minister of Magic. Harry would be headmaster of Hogswart , after he retired from being an Auror. Well that's what I dream to happen.

My second mission , what I like to call operation 'become besties with ferret boy'. I think that mission is pretty self explanatory but in clearer terms it's operation befriend Draco Malfoy. For the first time I didn't know how a mission would turn out. I didn't even know how to start to talk to Draco without making him suspicious. Truthfully I just thought I would wing it.

I just had astronomy class and right now I'm walking down to my common room. Tonight is such a pretty night , I should take a long way back.
I passed by the courtyard , I haven't been to this place since Umbridge almost kicked out that Divisions teacher.
I sat down on a ledge just looking up at the stars.
"What are you doing here"said a voice from behind. I turned around to find a boy with perfectly blonde hair and a sinister smirk. I smiled to myself this is a perfect chance for my mission.
"Have you ever noticed how the stars are placed on the sky so perfectly as if they know that we are watching their beauty."i said with a dazed voice.
"That doesn't answer my question, I am a member of the Inquisitorial squad and I demand answers" said Malfoy.
"Well I think you should join me. That'll answer your question. Here have a seat." I said making around to make room for him. To my surprise he came and sat beside me.
"I find myself getting too caught with life's events to really enjoy the beauty of the simplest things"i said.
"Mmh I know exactly what you mean. As a child I would always stay up to watch the stars." said Draco looking up at the stars. i chuckled.
"I would have never pinned you for a sentimentalist." I said.
"I'm not. I just love the stars , wince the name Draco." he said. I know exactly what he meant but I put on my acting skills and acted confused. Draco looked a my face and smiled. He graded my hand gently and pointed to the Draco constellation.
"That here is the constellation Draco." he said as he went around the constellation with our hands. he also pointed out some other constellation and told me stories and facts about them. I looked at him dazed as he looked at the sky.
"You really know your stuff " I said.
"I'm not all good looks" he said as he wiggled his eyebrows making me giggled.
"How would have ever thought Draco Malfoy would be into such things"
"No one, everyone thinks of me to be a Slytherin prince. no one even realizes that I have a soft side." he said finally taking his eyes off the stars to look at me.
"I know how you feel" I said with a whisper but he still heard me.I stared at him and smiled.
"You like what you see" he said trying to sound cocky but he was so vulnerable in the moment , it wasn't portrayed as cocky at all.
"Yes I do, never would I have imagine how this night would turn out the way it did"I said as my cheeks blushed.
"Well, this night stays between us" said Draco.
"Only under one condition" I said looking into his eyes.
"And what is that ,Vanessa?" he asked raising his eyebrow.
"We do this more often." I said with a smile.
"If we must" he said trying to act cool about it but you could see the excitement in his eyes.
"Good than our secret stays between us." I said getting up." I'll owl you" I said getting up. I leaned in slowly and kissed him on the cheek , letting my lips linger for a second extra before leaving. As I walked away I heard him say.
"Goodnight, Potter" in a dazed voice. Part 1 of the mission complete.

Ever since then me and Draco have been meeting each other at all times of the day but just away from others. I think he has a crush on me but I'm still madly in love and 100% faithful to Fred.

Speaking of Fred I got a letter from him.

Dear Nessie,
I can't put in words how much I love and miss you. I count down the days until we are reunited my love.
The store is up and running and business is booming. George and I have been swamped with work . We barely have anymore leisure time. Thats why during the summer I want you to stay with us. I know you already have plans to stay at Hq or the burrow but if you stay with us me and you can have more time together.
Anyways George and I are great but we miss you.
Love you with all my heart.
Yours, Fred

I loved the letter. I prefer short and sweet letters that are frequent. than letters than are long and only come once a week. Fred knows that.
This letter makes me miss he so much more.