24

RK and Ram Kumar was in a heated argument. RK was losing his temper. Kumar tried to be cool and control his son, but the words came his mouth was making him lose himself.

Ku: "I know I was wrong. I am so embarrassed about my deeds. But Rishab, now... I'm.. I realise my mistake and want to do penance for that. "

RK: "Oh..!! So Mr.Ram Kumar is guilty. Right. And want to penance. Ok... Do one thing... Give back my ten years of life.., return our childhood... RETURN!!! "

Kumar stood silently, with guilt. Manasa came to them.

RK: "What happened..? Couldn't return ah??
Huh... You can't. You can't do that. Likewise... Likewise I can't forgive you. "

"RK.. ", Manasa tried to stop him. "RK you are drunk. Come with me please."

"Ey !! RK is a thunder storm. Nobody can't control it. "

"RK please..",

Manasa held his arms. He pushed her away. "I have told you a million times, don't interfere when you know nothing about the matter.
Stay. out. of my. life."

"And you Mr. " RK held Kumar's collar, " You are dead to me for what you have done . And now... your existence and non-existence doesn't matter me even a bit. "

He left to room.

Broken , Kumar held his heart in pain. He fell down unconscious Manasa ran towards him.
"Uncle.. uncle..wake up.. uncle.."

*Present

"After that I brought him here along with the family. Doctor said it was a major cardiac arrest. Plus, as he said about the hole in heart.., everything made the situation worse.
I came back home to tell you about the situation. But you didn't even remembered anything. How will you, you were out of your mind yesterday; completely drunk." Manasa concluded.

RK sat holding forehead. His eyes were teared up.

"RK... I don't know anything about you ; Your past, your likes, dislikes, interests, nothing. But they way you are behaving is too much. RK you live in your own world, were nobody exist other than you. You should change it, atleast for your family. "
Manasa stood up and went near the operation theatre.

One of the nurse came out from the OP. "We need a bottle of AB -ve blood urgently. "

RK stood up and was about to answer , when Manasa interrupted.
"My.. my group is AB- ."

"Good, please come madam. "

She gave a glance at RK and left with the nurse. He sat back closing eyes, remembering his past ; trying to recollect last night events.

Two hours later, doctor announced the operation was successful. Due to the increasing public attention, RK was forced to go back home. Manasa , Anshu and Dadi accompanied him.

.

RK stood at the balcony staring at the night sky and lighted city.

"Mamu.." , baby Anshu, came to him with a plate of food. He turned back to him with a weak smile.
"Mamu food."

He patted on baby's head. "I am not hungry Anshu. You go and have. "

"But mamu... Angel said, you not eat today. You hungry na. Anshu feed mamu" His innocent words with incomplete grammer and baby voice, was always a medicine for RK's stress.

He sat on knees, with an open mouth. The kid took a morsel and fed his uncle. Manasa smiled watching the scene from a distance.

Later at night, Anshu was laid on bed , Manasa lulling to sleep.
"Angel .. Where is mumma.."