15

Manasa knocked the vanity door and entered inside. RK sat infront of the mirror getting ready for the shot. He saw her through the mirror.

"RK your, costume."

"Keep it there."

Manasa kept the costume over the couch. RK noticed her reluctance to go back.
"What happened wifey. Normally you wants to leave my vanity within a minute. But today I think you want to stay back. "

She stayed silent , clutching on her pallu.

"Do you have anything to say?" . In response she nodded. RK stood up and went near her.

"Ok. First let me change."

He took the costume, and went inside. Within two minutes he came back, buttoning up his shirt.

"So come on Mrs. You were saying something. "

"Ah.. RK-"

"Damn..!!"
Manasa saw him, standing with a broken button.
"What is this Manasa.. Can't you guys give a final check before giving it to me. Now what will I do."

"Sorry that ... One minute . I will come back now ."

She went out and came back with thread and needle. Manasa came bear him, and started to stich the button.

"RK.. I ..." , She spoke with much difficulty. "I'm sorry. "

RK snapped fingers near his ear.
"It seems I have some problem in my ears. Nothing was heard. What did you say. Can you repeat.."

She took a deep breath.
"RK, without knowing the truth , I blamed you ; insulted you. That's my mistake. I am sorry. I am really sorry." , She said in a go without looking at his face.

RK kept staring at her with a smirk. Sensing his silence, she stopped sewing and looked at him.
"Why don't you say something.."

He smiled lightly.
"If you are sorry for thinking that, from now I will change my attitude towards you , or will treat you nicely ; then you are wrong. You have to pay for what happened. "

"Look Mr.RK. It's true that I don't like you at all. ", He smirked. "But that doesn't mean , I won't realise my mistake and say sorry. My name is not RK , to keep my ego high more than anything. I have my values."

"Ahaan.. finally you agreed, that my ego is above everything. Anyways, I never thought in my life, some girl will say this to me, 'I don't like you at all' , Great."

She continued to sew the button and completed successfully. Cutting the leftover thread, she turned back to leave.

"Won't you help me to wear it.."

Manasa stopped and turned back , to button up the remaining.

RK : "You are brave girl. Whatever you have done, is with your own airs. Maybe God sitting up there is bored. That's why he sent you in my life. I have to admit , Ever since you came into my life , it's always been interesting."

They shared an eyelock, which was disturbed by the spot who came in.
"Sir, shot is ready."

Manasa realised how close she was standing with him. She took a step back and left the vanity.

.
.

By late evening both of them reached RK Mansion. In the car , Manasa tried to call her parents. But the call went unanswered leaving her heartbroken.
RK noticed it, but chose to keep silent.

"Manasa, bring me a tea. " , He said as they entered the hall.

"Rishab."

RK and Manasa stopped hearing the male voice. The voice was unknown for her. But he recognized it , and tightened the fist in anger.
Both of them turned towards the family assembled on the couch, along with a new face. A man of late fifties, wearing a simple white outfit and glasses.

"Rishab, how are you son.." , he asked.

RK turned back, gritting teeth.
"Manasa, bring my tea within five minutes. Five.minutes."
He climbed up the stairs, making her confused.

She turned to them. The elderly man called her . She went near him. He touched her head . "May God bless you with all the happiness ."
She smiled and touched his feet.

"Go and Make him tea. Else he will get more angry." , He said.
She wanted to ask him more. Wanted to know who was he. But she had only five minutes to keep herself out from his anger.

.
.

Manasa entered the room with a cup of tea. She found the room in complete disorder. Bedsheets and pillows down the floor.
RK sat on the couch , eyes closed.

"Tea."

"Keep it there."

She kept the cup over the teapoy.

M : "Who was that..?"

RK : "I am not in a mood Mrs. Will explain you later. If you can do something to reduce my stress, Do it."

She thought for a while and said.
"Head massage..?"

He opened his eyes and looked at her.
"Ahaa responsibilities of a loving wife. It touched my heart Mrs. Please carry on."

He sat straight. She bought some oil and draw patterns over his head, massaging through his silky hairs. Don't know what made her do it. Maybe because, he was really stressed. Or maybe he didn't ordered her to do something.

"Something is special in your hands wifey. I am really feeling good. By the way, I wanted to ask you something."

She gently nodded.

"Why are you so silent wifey. "
She stopped massaging and looked at him. "I mean, after our marriage, you have changed. Where is that old , talketive , furious girl; who always went opposite to RK.
       You know what.. I really miss that Manasa. "

"The Manasa you are talking about has gone somewhere. Maybe won't ever come back." , She continued her massage.

"You know what Mrs. I thought alot about you...how to make you suffer after marriage. First I thought to make you do all the household alone, and find mistakes in everything you do. That's what usual indian mother-in-laws do right. But, there is nothing as RK style in it.
      Then I thought, to beat you, harrass you, hurt you, etc etc. But RK is a gentleman. I won't physically harm any woman when I myself have this big family full of women.
       And today I got a way. That too from you.. That dialogue of yours.. 'I don't like you at all'... If you don't like me at all, then the biggest punishment I can give you is to keep you closer to me always. Isn't it... Mrs. Manasa Rishab Kumar. "

She rubbed her hands over the towel and turned back to go. Rk held her hand.
"You can't leave me so easily Manasa. Afterall, seeing you in this helpless situation , I feel pity. The whole day you did all those things which I said, silently. Helping me to dress up, giving me juice and coffee whenever I asked, and what not. A perfect indian wife. Good girl, keep it up . "

He left to the washroom, leaving her alone.

"A perfect indian wife . You were so enthusiastic to make me your wife right. From tomorrow, I will show you, how an ideal wife behaves."
.
.

Later at night, Manasa found RK sitting in the bar counter, gulping a whole bottle of whiskey. He was not in senses. He was angry to the hell , watching that man in his house again.
He stood up, but couldn't balance.
Manasa went near him.
"RK..", she held his hands, which he jerked off.

"RK doesn't need anybody's help. ", He said.

M: "RK You have drunk so much. Come with me ."

RK : "No I won't. Who are you to order me. Go ... I said go."

She took a deep breath and stepped behind. RK moved forward, losing balance at every now and then. Manasa followed him, giving support .
They reached their room and she made him lay on bed.

Manasa moved towards the couch and settled herself there, looking at him .

This man is not someone we see outside. He is like an onion ; so many layers , so many shades .
    But who was that man, who made RK this angry.
    Understanding RK is not my cup of tea. Let him do whatever he want.

Hey guyss..
Hope you guys are good and doing great.
Do like and comment.
Thank you❤️