30

Dr.Mishra was doing the weekly check up for Kumar.
Seetha and Manasa were present in the room, while Anjali and Radhamma were in the kitchen making breakfast.
Anshu is always with his Mama these days, as he is home . RK has almost recovered from the wound. Still he is  taking another week off because of his family's demand.

Dr. :"He is getting better. But as you know, mental health is also important. Try to make him happy. That will work more than medicines. Let me take a leave. Call me in case of urgency."

Manasa and Seetha shared a look.
"Thank you doctor. ", Said Manasa.
Salem dropped him to his car.

Seetha:"We should do something Manu. Don't you think Rishu's anger is crossing line.? "

M:"I don't know Mamma. His hatred is as strong as his love. And, when he is hating the person he loved the most, huh.. maybe it's not easy to change him fast. But don't worry. We will figure out something."

Manasa assured her.

Later in the afternoon, RK's friend dropped by. He gave his little dog Linda to RK for a day as he was leaving the town for some urgency. RK loved Linda alot. Infact she was a gift from him to his beloved friend.

After dropping Anshu with his mother, Manasa came to their room searching for RK.
The moment she entered the room, Linda jumped up and startled her. Manasa had a serious phobia on dogs. She screamed loud and got over the bed. Hearing her scream, RK came inside.

"What happened..?", RK saw her standing over the bed, scared. Manasa saw him and jumped into his arms. She hid herself in his chest, without touching the ground.

Linda barked more harder making her tremble in fear. RK understood she was scared of dogs. Smirking to himself, he said,"Happy to know there is atleast one thing in this universe you are afraid of."

She looked up in anger. "Do you think it's funny. Idiot."

Linda barked again, as Manu snuggled to him even more.

"See, she didn't like the way you talk to me. That's why she is barking at you.", He said.

"Whatever.... Please take him away. I am scared. ", She pleaded.

RK smiled and asked Linda to go out.
"She is gone."
Manasa gently looked behind and found its true. She then realised her position. He was looking at her keenly. Her cheeks started to get red. Manasa touched her legs to ground and gently moved back.
RK pulled her back with a force. His sudden movement made her surprised. He gently caressed her face studying each features. She closed her eyes feeling his touch. RK gently pulled her face towards his.

"Mamaa..come lets play with Linda ..", Anshu came inside the room running with Linda. RK and Manu departed from each other's embrace. As Linda neared them, Manasa hid behind RK. He noticed it and held her hand.

RK: "Look Manu, you don't need be scared. Linda won't hurt anyone."

Anshu: "Yes Angel. Linda good. No bad."

Ma:"Maybe you are right.. but , but I am scared of dogs since childhood. You both carry on. I am going to kitchen."

Manasa was about to leave, but RK didn't left her hand.
He sat on his knees, and called Linda to his lap. Manasa was so scared. She tried to free her hand from his hold.
"Manu listen, I am here, with you. Believe me, she won't hurt you."

Even though his words have her strength, fear from childhood overpowered her mind. RK made her sit on the floor beside him. He took her hand and caressed Linda. She twirled and turned playing with her new friend. Manasa's fear was somewhat fading in a minimal way. She tried to smile and enjoy a bit. But fear can't be thrown out completely all of a sudden. She needed time. Maybe one day Linda would become her best friend.

That day night, Manasa was on the bed reading a book. While she was reading a romantic portion, morning incident came into her mind. She blushed thinking about their newborn intimacy. RK was never like this. He was always angry and irritating. His touch was something she hated the most. But today, what made her stay too close to him. What made her not to resist his touch. She was completely clueless.
RK came out of the shower. He saw her face , shy and red hues. It didn't took much time to realise what made her face go red.

RK :"Ah.. Manu. "

He called her sitting on the other side of the bed. She recognised his presence and turned towards him.

RK :"I had something to tell you...ah.. about.. today... morning.."

Manasa wanted to run away.
"Omg, is he really going to tell me about that moment. It's so embarrassing. What will I do now. What if he is going to say that he meant it... Or maybe he wants to do that again.."

"Manu," he snapped fingers near her face. "Are you listening... "

M:"ah yes. Actually, I ... I too wanted to tell you about it.."

RK:"Let me tell you first... Look whatever happened today morning, it was for.. for you. I totally.. mean it."

Manasa blushed hard.

RK:"Manu, she is my favourite. If you are so scared, how I can spend time with her ?"

Her face changed a sudden expression . "What..!! Who..?"

RK:"Linda. "

M:"What !! You were talking about her ?? "

RK:"Aha . Yes. What you thought..."

He asked with his signature smirk.

M:"Nothing."
She was angry. Manasa kept the book in table and laid down to the other side.

RK laughed seeing her cute gestures.
"How can I miss a moment to tease you sweetheart. "

...........

I know I am super late. And this is a short update too. Sorry for the inconvenience. 😬