14

Morning rays peeped inside through the curtains. RK stirred in sleep due to the light knocking his eyes. He woke with a severe headache; hangover of last night's boozing. Servant entered his room with a tray, carrying two cups of tea, on glass warm water and the morning newspaper.

"Ramesh, do you see me two?", RK asked looking at the tray.

"No sir. Why..?"

"Then why this two cups of tea?", he asked .

"Sir... for.... Manasa ma'am."

RK remembered about the new member in his room. Everything happened so fast, that he himself forgot about her existence. "hmm, so even the servants of this house are worried about my wife than me. Fine. Ramesh, take a tablet of headache from the first aid box."

Ramesh handed over the tablet and exited from the room. RK stood up from the bed. "now where is my wife.. Wifey...". He checked the whole room but couldn't find her. RK remembered , he left her on the pool area last night. He found her there, sit on the floor, sleeping. She was still on the bridal attire. Her face looked tired as if crying the whole night.

RK looked at the empty glass in his hand. He took some water from the pool and splashed it on her face.
She startled by his sudden action.

"Mrs ,Come on rise and shine like
RK."

Manasa opened her eyes and looked at him.
"Look , your RK is right infront of you to wish you good morning. "
She turned her face to the other side.
"Hey, what happened. Have heard, wife starts the day after seeing her husband. But, you are not even looking at me. Why Mrs....
      Oo.. now I remember. Typical Indian wives' see their husbands as God. So, you can't look at me due to respect. Right Mrs.."

Manasa stood up gritting her teeth.

"It's okay wifey, I am not some one who believes these old traditions. You can look at me . No problem."

She turned back to go inside. But he stopped her , holding her wrist.
"Where are you going..  Washroom?? But you should wait. First I will go, fresh up and come back. Till then you can have your bed tea. It's kept there on the bed side. "

RK left her hand and went inside. Manasa took a deep breath and followed in.  She inspected the room. Last night , she was not in a state to analyse things. But now she should.
Afterall from today, it's her room too.

Sitting infront of the dressing area, she looked herself in the mirror. Dark red bridal saree, nuptial chain on neck, vermillion over hair partition. Lots of changes overnight.
Manasa removed her jewellery one by one. She saw RK through the mirror, coming out of the washroom rubbing hair.  He too noticed her.

Manasa stood up to leave .

"Wait. ", He said. " From the middle cupboard, take my red shirt and black pants ." 

She silently obeyed. While handing over his dress he said , "From tomorrow I won't say this. It's your duty to take out my dress when I come out after shower. I hope you understood."

"May I come in Sir..", Ramesh stood at the door step, along with two other people with a number of designer suits and sarees . Manasa noticed it.

RK : "Ramesh, clear the two shelves and arrange it over there.
      Manasa. These are for you. "

Ma: "No thanks. I do have my clothes."

He smirked. "Don't misunderstand me Mrs. You are RK the superstar's wife. Which means, you too is a small star. And I want you to keep my standerds in everything.
      Your dress, jewellery, footwear , make up everything... everything should have a class. So wear this. "