27

The next day, shooting was going on in full swing. They were doing an action scene, and arrangements were made accordingly.
Manasa was arranging the costumes for the next shot. A call interrupted her.

M:"Hello"

Caller:"Mrs.RK ??"

Manasa rolled her eyes. "My name is Manasa. Who are you.."

Ca:"Oh, so you don't like to be called as Mrs.RK, isn't it."

M:"That's none of your business. Tell me who are you and how can I help you.."

Ca:"Anger Issues... Humm.. fine. So, I don't need any help currently. But I can help you and maybe I can give you a good news too."

Manasa felt uncomfortable with the conversation. "Hey Mr. Tell me what you want clearly. I am quite busy right now."

Ca:"Ok ok... I just wanted to tell you that, within few minutes, the man you hate the most, will be harmed by my men. You can thank me later for that. Bye."

M:"Hey, who are you... Hello...? Hello?"

The call was disconnected.
"Who was that... what was he talking about...the man I hate the most..who.."

One of the staffs ran to her. "Manasa ma'am... RK sir.. he is stabbed."

"What!!?"

Manasa ran towards him. RK was sitting on a chair tight on his waist. His hand completely covered with blood.
"RK...what happened..."
She looked on the wound. "God.. you are so much..."

RK:"If you can call doctor rather than God, maybe it will help."

Doctor came and asked him to lie down on the bed. He check on the wound.

Ma:"Doctor.. is he okay.. ?"

Her eyes was already teared up. She was hell worried, and it was clearly visible on her face.

Dr:"Don't worry Mrs.RK, he is fine. The cut is not so deep. Few stiches, and complete rest for one week, he will be super fine."

She felt a kind of relief.

"You heard that Mrs.", RK said . "..Now , stop crying. I don't want to see you tears." She gazed at him surprised.
" It's not because I care about you... But it makes me feel like a patient.",he concluded.

Manasa rubbed her tears off. She didn't find it unbelievable. This was RK after all.

Doctor asked everyone to go out of the room, so that he can proceed with the medication.

Outside the room, Manasa remembered about the call. She took her phone and dialled the number back. The call went unanswered.
But soon a message arrived, from the same number. "I hope you are happy, watching your enemy in blood."

Manasa understood something was not right. She went to the director and asked him about the incident.

D:"Manasa, I know you are worried. It's just an accident. It happens sometimes during fight scenes. "

M:"But sir, I thought we were using artificial knifes and properties for these fight scenes."

D:"Ofcourse we are using props. For closeup shorts we need realistic knives. So it's made accordingly. Maybe it was a bit sharp, and it's completely our mistake. And I am apologizing from heart. "

M:"No no sir.. I was just , curious. Wanted to know what exactly happened. That's all. Don't be sorry. "

D:"I understand. If you still have any doubts, you can check on the props out there. "

He pointed towards a table were the props used for the fight scenes were assembled. Director left her alone. She went to the table and took one of the knives. She tried to make a cut on herself. But it didn't happened. It was clearly fake. She tested some more knives and all of them turned out artificial.
"Maybe he was right. Its just an accident. "
She about turn back, when her eyes caught one of the knives with blood stains. She took it and pressed a finger on its edge.
"Oouch", she suddenly withdraw her finger, and found a cut on it.
"This is an orginal knife. Maybe it hurt him. But out of all these blend knives, why only this is sharp.. "

.
.

Later , RK and Manasa reached home. She held his hand, giving the support he needed while he came out of the car.

RK:"Last day I tease you about pregnancy and, today you are treating me like a pregnant lady. You see the irony , don't you."

Ma:"You think it's a joke? Not I am afraid."

RK:"Oh come on Manu. Why are you so tensed. It's happens sometimes. What you think, film stars get no wounds or buries during shoot ? That's wrong, especially when I don't use any dupe for my role."

Manasa gave a look and guided him into the home.
The family was shocked to see him wounded. They surrounded him with questions. He managed to keep them calm. "I am fine Mom, just a small cut. It will be okay soon. Now please all you , go back your respective works and let me take some rest." He turned to Manasa , "you too Mrs., join them."

Salem who was just behind RK, came forward and helped him to room. Manasa shared the incident with the family, skipping the part when she got the anonymous call.
Anjali asked Manasa to get fresh up and she went back to room.

RK was resting on his bed. She stood at the doorstep looking at him. Manasa took her phone again and looked at the message.