мєℓσ∂у ραят 2: тнє ѕιℓєи¢є

Start from the beginning

"I get it's rough," You add on, your expression softening just slightly. "But I've already been through Hell and back for this guy more than once. And I'm still standing. I'll take the risk. It's my job, and he's really important to me. Please, Nomicon..."

"... Orakuru," She said, holding her hands out in front of her. "Call me Orakuru. And... If you are certain, then I will teach you. But know you're putting yourself at risk."

"I know," You say as you put your hands with hers, your fingers intertwining. "Just another day's work."

"Alright," She said as she began to glow a pale blue. "Now listen well, child. The demon is bound to you, by appearance, voice, and a small extent, mind. It's a manipulator, but there is a way to get it away from you. And the best way to eliminate the Hātosairen is to eliminate the one thing it cannot function without..."

*************************************

You woke up with your heart in your stomach, your arms shaking.

You knew how to stop her.

It wouldn't be that hard, all you need is water and a quick speaking pace.

But what had to be done, it upset you greatly. Your throat caught as the explanation echoed in your head like the roar of a bear to a cave. This was going to be rough. Why did it have to come to this? What happened that was so bad the first time that had to have THIS happen?

You only managed to stop thinking this when you noticed a pale blue glow through a bunch of branches just ahead. Your eyes narrowed and you put your book away. Time for action. As much as it would suck, you leapt off and charged, hoping that light meant something. And lucky or unlucky, it did.

The small lake of Slimone was aglow, the shifting waters shimmering with light blue in every drop. You stopped at the edge and looked out, seeing your target sitting in the center of the lake just inches off of the water murmuring to herself. You growl and cup your hands around your mouth.

"Hey!!" You scream, catching her attention. "Where's Randy??"

She turned to you with her usual calm gaze, and she vanished beneath the waves only to have her erupt again in front of you. You stumble back as the glowing water slid down her skin. She looked you up, then down, then in your eyes. "... You're quick," She mentioned.

"That's not an answer!" You yell as you pull out your sword, immediately taking aim at her neck. She didn't even blink. "Where. Is. Randy??"

"... Curious..." She challenged, pushing your blade away with her fingers. "You've made it clear to me before that you didn't want to know his identity. And now, you do. I wanted to know, and I didn't until today. What... Irony. But would it not benefit both of us this way? I could keep him to myself, hidden from the entire world, and you could forget he ever existed."

"Never," You challenge, instantly reaching out to touch the water in the lake. But, somehow, the water repelled against your hand, making the shallow part vanish without even a drop. "What--?"

"I see. The enchantment. How foolish."

You turned to see her hand raised up just slightly, the water in the lake rising up ever so slightly with her gesture. "You were wise to learn such a technique now. But a fool to believe I would allow it for a third time." Both of her hands now rose, and her head tilted to the sky. "Great Beast of the Seas, heed my words! Your queen calls upon you! Take up my order and defeat the one who has kept your scales in her possession for far too long!"

The waters moved more frantically and rose from the hole that was once the lake. The waters swirled around her before shifting its shape. Edges formed, the water stretched, and an actual monster seemed to form. A long body with little dips for scales grew as fin-like shapes sprung from above. The waters soon formed a creature with no limbs, wrapped loosely around the Hātosairen with it's empty eyes fixed on you. Twin whiskers whisked in the low wind as his rumbling gurgled breath echoed. A Rabaisan duplicate.