The Song of Sealing

"Welcome, soccer fans! We've got a big game today!"

The entire school was currently sitting on the seats of the soccer field, each person deeply anticipating the beginning of the game. Principal Slimovitz was standing in his announcers booth over the field, introducing the players.

"Our very own Norrisville Carp is taking on the defending team, the Pitch Kickems! Really? There's a team called the "Pitch Kickems"?"

As he announced that, a slender man with a light rusted auburn beard practically pranced out of the entryway of the field, half of the fans in the stand cheering him on.

"Ooooh, it's just Pitch Kickem. Our whole team against Pitch Kick-- Sure, why not."

The team arranged themselves throughout the field, Bash standing in front of Pitch to take the ball. The referee blew the whistle to begin the game, and it was on. While the men of Norrisville attempted to take away the ball, the people in the stands cheered. That is, until a certain slim dork in glasses and the official mascot outfit came out in front of the stands. Yup it was Doug. He began to wave about, trying to get the students to join him.

"When I say "carp", you also say "carp"! Carp! Carp! Caaaarp!"

Nothing.

Dead silence.

No one was amused by him. Not even you, who was wearing a blue shirt with the official logo on it tied tightly around your waist in a midriff fashion. You simply yawned, blinking lazily while your two best friends at your side snickered at your reaction, causing a slight smile to cross your face. They then turned their attention back to Doug, laughing mockingly. "This is so wonk it circled back to bruce!" Randy exclaimed, while Howard added "I can't not watch!"

Doug, however, was getting triggered at this point. "Carp!" He called out once more, receiving no response. He then huffed. "You're not saying it!" He then turned his attention to the announcer's booth. "Principal Slimovitz, no one's saying "carp"!" He yelled out desperately. He then stomped in a grunt, getting his foot in a conveniently placed trashcan at his feet.

Howard, of course, laughed at this. "Doug is the worst mascot in the world!"

"More like the worst trash-cot in the world," Randy mumbled to both you and Howard, causing you to laugh in unison.

"Yes!" Howard declares. "Worst "trash-cot" in the world he says!"

Everyone else joined in your fun, laughing along with Randy's joke.

Randy's face broke out into a large grin, while you watched as small bluebirds flew to Doug, pecking at his suit. "You can't peck me!" He desperately called. "I'm the most important part of the team!"

"Doug quit your squawkin' and take a walkin' off our field!" You sassed out loud, causing Howard to absolutely explode into a fit of laughter.

"Did you people hear (Y/n)?!" He yelled. "This woman is the queen!"

The students then laughed, the sound growing as Doug got himself stuck in a large blue barrel and rolled into a goal post, the Norrisville team literally standing in line to kick a ball at him. "Hey, Howard," Randy said, nudging him with his arm, "its like shooting fish in a barrel!"

At this point, you were surprised Howard was still able to sit upright, as his laughs grew monstrously loud. "Shooting fish in a barrel! Oh you're killing me, you're killing me, Cunningham!"

The crowd laughed the hardest they had all day, Randy's smile growing as you broke into a fit of giggles. You then look up, smiling as you tug on Randy's jacket. "Randy, Howard, look!"