Chapter 7: Wanted

The girls walked back to the shelter

The girls walked back to the shelter. Ren chirped all the way back to the shelter, admiring her plan and how perfectly it was executed. Her eyes glistened at the very thought of her masterplan. On the other hand though, Ava walked with her head sunk down, with dull eyes. Ren pulled her aside to a corner and lifted her chin up.

"Why are you so worried?" Ren asked

"We framed Margaret. She was a pain but her whole life has been wasted. Because of us." Ava said

"I wouldn't have it any other way. I've told you this a lot but I'm gonna tell you again. It was either you or her. And i will always choose you" Ren said solemnly as they approached the doors to the shelter. Ren skipped towards her room as she put on her black hoodie. All she wanted to do was sleep. Concentrating was harder than people make it seem. Getting every single detail of a person from their hair length to even a scar on their arm took a  of observation and concentration skills. Ren happened to lack both of them. 

Becoming Mia was easy as she was basic. No one would ever think somebody could shapeshift. Fooling Andrea would definitely be harder as she knew that shape shifting was possible. Ren bounced onto her bed as she relaxed her tensed shoulders and looked up at her ceiling. She tried to concentrate on every single detail; every singe blemish; the hook the fan hung from; the dust on the fan. Obviously she wasn't going to shapeshift into the ceiling. All she wanted was to know if her conscience had the same image of the ceiling that her eyes did. Her eyelids fluttered as they were about to close when Ava tapped on her shoulder.

"What is it?" Ren asked

"Nothing I just got into thinking. I've been thinking for a while now. Andrea and Blair aren't your parent" Ava said

"Well obviously" Ren said

"You knew?" Ava asked, puzzled

"You're not the only genius in this room. It's obvious you know. Witches don't give birth to demons" Ren said

"Right. But there is one more thing. Andrea and Blair genuinely think you are their daughter" Ava said

"How would you know that?"  Ren asked

"If they adopted you then they wouldn't be expecting you to do magic. They never really knew that you weren't their daughter" Ava finished

"You're right! I guess you are smarter after all" Ren said as she sighed. This month really was hectic. There were so many revelations targeting towards Her and Ava. Ren never thought her best friend would be too involved in all of this. Ren had this plan that when she takes revenge Ava won't be a part of it. She always thought she'll push her away during the months before her revenge. She never wanted Ava to be collateral damage. Ava was already a part of all of this. She couldn't go around killing people. Macey deserved to die but what if it's a young orphan or someone innocent? It wouldn't be completely Ava's fault. This was new for her too. But that could never justify the death of an innocent. With these thoughts, she left towards the cafeteria. Nobody was there and even in the light, she could feel some darkness. She could feel somebody lurking behind the pillars. She walked towards the pillar and all she saw was blue smoke. She could see the smoke form into a few letters. Her half closed eyes flew up as these letters formed a sentence. All it said was

I am watching.

Suddenly, Ren could feel a gloved hand on her mouth as the body behind her strangled her. The body lifted her from the ground as she struggled to gain control. Her back slammed on the body's chest and she could feel a man's body. She lifted her arms as she grabbed onto his face. He jerked for a second as she used this as an opportunity to kick his knees. The man stumbled back as his back slammed on a wall. Ren went into the kitchen and grabbed a knife as she walked towards the man. She could see clearly his pale blue skin and lime green hair. He looked nothing like a human.He had canines like lions do and his mouth was outstretched. It was as though he was literally grinning ear to ear.

'Demon' Ren thought as she waited for the demon to come closer. The demon's movements were so soft, you'd have to really concentrate to notice. Ren ran in circles in attempts of distracting the demon. As the demon tried to focus on her, she sped towards it and stabbed his eye. She could hear the shrieks of the demon and she was suddenly afraid of the others to come and check on the noise. To her relief no one came. 'There must be a force field sort of thing' she thought as she saw the demon disappear in blue smokes. She found a piece of paper on the ground. She picked it up and blew the dust on it to see a picture of a newborn baby in the arms of a woman in her 20's. she was pale skinned with golden hair and a skinny waist. She was in a hospital gown and standing next to her was a man, six foot tall, broad shoulders and a square jaw. His hair was brunette and all she could see was love on his eyes. She heard footsteps approach so she ran and ducked under the countertop of the kitchen.

"Ren?" She heard Ava's voice search as she got out of her hiding spot

"What are you doing?" Ava questioned 

"I just killed a demon" Ren said with a pride look on her face

"You what?" Ava asked 

"I came down to grab myself some food and this thing just grabbed me! But I got my revenge by killing it" Ren said with pride.

"Wow" was all Ava could say. She was proud of her best friend, who killed a demon without using any superpower. I mean not like she could.

"Also" Ren said breaking Ava from her thoughts "I found this"  she said as she gave her the photograph she found.

"These are my parents" Ava said looking down at the photograph "Where did you get this from?"

"The demon had it. Seemed like he was looking for the girl in the photo. It's you right?" Ren asked

"I guess. My parents didn't have a camera back then to take too many photos" Ava said

"But why would that demon want you?" Ren asked

"I don't know. It's time we find out, isn't it?" Ava said as Ren and her exited the cafeteria thinking about the possibilities.

'Why would they want Ava?'

If only they knew, it wasn't Ava they were after

Author's Note: Hey y'all that was my 7th chapter!! I hope you all enjoyed reading it! Also thank you for 100 followers i really appreciate it! Don't forget to comment and tell me what you thought about this chapter! Don't forget to vote on my chapter and follow me if you haven't already!  I'll see you guys next thursday! Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!