Can I Surrender?

Title inspired by song- Surrender by Natalie Taylor
Peter POV
I wake up in what looks to be a hospital bed. I look around and see Mr. Stark outside talking to Bruce. I sit up and rip out the multiple tubes going into my arm. I see my backpack so I grab it and run out the door. Mr. Stark and Bruce start running after me but I divert them to the elevator while I go down the stairs. I make it out of the tower and I run. I just don't care anymore about the blood on my arm or the pain. I just focus on the fact that Mr. Stark and Bruce know my secret and probably realize just how weak I truly am. I run to May's apartment building and run upstairs and into our apartment not even noticing or caring if May or one of her goons is there. I run to my room, slam the door and fall onto my bed as I sub-come to darkness.
——————————————————————————————————
2 weeks and 3 days since I have seen Mr. Stark. I have created a new routine of going to school, occasionally getting beaten up, patrolling, and going to sleep. May for once cared and asked what happened to my internship. I told her I lost it because it truly felt like I lost it because of my stupidity. May found great joy in this and has been constantly reminding me. But I don't care. I don't care when a new man walks through the door, when she throws insults at me, or hurts me. I'm just numb.
————————————————————
After Mays daily insults and throwing me around I decide to go on patrol. I swing through the city as I see a building on fire, and more of those fire rams. I thought we had got them all! I swing down and grab some citizen's who are being cornered by those rams. After that I walk over to the police.
"Get everyone out of here. Anyone still in the building?"
"Probably but buildings to unstable."
"I'll see what I can do. Load people into all of your vehicles and get out of here. If I find anyone I'll bring them to you."
The police officers nod and start rounding people up. As I swing upwards I see the avengers arriving on their jet. I swing over to them as they get out.
"What going on bug brain?" Mr. Stark says.
I scoff at this improper classification of spiders but ignore it and answer.
"Same rams we fought a couple week back. Possible people trapped up top. Told police to get themselves and citizens out of here."
"Where were you headed?" Steve asks
"I was headed into the fire. And I'm going to head that way now because the building is unstable." I saw as I swing away and into the fire. Once I land on the 16 floor I notice there not much fire but a lot of smoke. And from what I've learned smoke can be more dangerous than fire.I use my senses to detect life and find some. I follow it towards a closet. I open the door and find a teenager and a little brown eyed girl huddled in there.
"I'm going to get you two out!" I say
I pick up the small girl and gesture for the boy to walk towards me. He does and wraps himself around my other side. I run out and find Mr. Stark out in the fire scanning for life. I hand the kids to him and he gives me a weird look.
"Get them out of here. Any other signs?"
"Haven't found any. You sure you want to stay in here? No offense but my suit is a little more equipped for this sort situation."
I decide to answer honestly in case I do not make it out
"You have reasons to live. I don't"
I run off towards the faint sounds I've been hear. I hear Mr. Stark metal suit fly off and I move towards the the door labeled 46. I cough as I push open the door and find a women sitting on her couch with tears down her face. She looks towards me and smiles.
"Honey get out of here. I want to see my husband."
"Ma'am let me help you. The floors above and below us are on fire. The roof or floor could collapse."
She laughs "What's the point I have nothing"
Her words touch me but I fight back my feelings as I look around her house. I see a picture of her with a small boy and a baby.
"What about your children? Won't that break their hearts?"
She looks off with a shocked expression. She runs towards me and wraps her arms around my neck.
"Please get me out of here. I want to see my grandchildren."
I run towards the window and smash through it with my body making contact with it. I land on the ground and give her to a police officer.
"Where's Sam?!" Steve yells worried
"Saw him on ground floor!" Natasha replies
Without thinking I run towards the entrance and use my senses to pick up on Sam. I hear coughing so I follow it to a injured Sam with his leg pinned under a beam. I couch as I walk towards him with the fire surrounding us.
"What are you doing in here? You could get injured!" Sam yells
"Helping you. You have people who care about you."
He looks at me shocked, I lift up the beam just enough for Sam to remove his leg. I help him up and swing his arm  around my shoulder. We make it towards the exit and I can see the light of day when I hear it. The building collapsing. A all to familiar sound. I start running towards the exit and just as the sound gets louder I push Sam out the door and then it all came down onto me.
——————————————————————-
I take off my mask and breath. The all to familiar feeling of rubble on top me is almost comforting. I sigh and close my eyes welcoming the feeling of darkness.