To Close to the Bottom

Title base on song- Capsize by FRENSHIP and Emily Warren
I walk into the tower feeling the best I have in a while. I get into the elevator sighing and lean my head back onto the cool wall. The door open and I walk into Mr. Stark lab to once again be greeted by silence. I look around and then look down at my phone,nothing. A seeping feeling of dread crawls into my mind. My limbs start to feel heavy and my lungs start closing up. I'm snapped out of my thoughts by the elevator opening. I quickly turn and see a worried Bruce and Steve. "Hey kid. Is Tony is here?" Bruce asks his eyebrows laced with worry. Unable to form words I shake my head. "Shoot." Steve mumbles under his breath. "W-what's wrong?" I asked now worried. "Tony-" Bruce starts but Steve cuts him off, shaking his head. I stare at them for a few seconds and my worry is replaced by anger. "WHAT IS WRONG? I HAVE NOT TALKED TO MR. STARK IN TWO DAYS! HE IS THE ONLY THING I HAVE LEFT! SO WHAT IS WRONG!" Steve and Bruce look at me shocked by my sudden outburst and the feeling of guilt creeps into my mind. I turn running my hand through my hair trying to hide the visible tears running down my face. "I'm sorry I just..." I try to finish my sentence but my words fail. Steve comes up to me and puts his hand on my shoulder. "Hey it's okay kid. We have all done it." I turn and look at him and see his worried expression. "So what's wrong?" I ask again with a little hint of anger still in my voice. "Tony disappeared last night. No one had been able to get ahold of him. We looked at security cameras,asked F.R.I.D.A.Y if she saw anything, checked for any sign of forced entry but nothing. It's almost like he disappeared." Bruce says calmly. This is your fault. You messed up everything again. I close my eyes trying to ignore my thoughts but ultimately fail. "Does Pepper know?" I ask calmly. "No. We didn't want to scare her. We wanted to make sure we had all the info before calling her." Steve says sadly. We all just stand there looking around at Mr. Stark messy lab with the air just weighing heavy on us. We are snapped out of our thoughts by the elevator opening. We all look hopefully to see Mr. Stark but instead see Natasha. She looks at the 3 of us and steps into the lab, a sad expression spread across her face. She didn't even have to ask if he was here she just knew by looking at us. "Anything?" Bruce asks her. She just simply shakes her head. She walks closer to me and I look away not wanting to see the sadness in her eyes. This is all my fault. If I had just stayed away Mr Stark would be here. I can't stay here any longer, so I walk towards the elevator. "I'm going to head home since there isn't anything I can do. Let me know if you guys find him." I say almost pleading them. They just nod their head and I press a button and the elevator doors close and finally the dams break letting all of the water pour out of my eyes.
——————————————————————————————————————————————————
I never went home. I walked around until dark and then patrolled looking everywhere trying to see if I could find Mr. Stark. Finally I give up and land on the closest building and lay down. "Karen what time is it?" I ask groggily. "It is currently 4:38 a.m." I sigh, I really did stay out all night. My spidey senses alert me someone is behind me so I sit up and look behind me and see Natasha. She looks tired too. I wonder if she has been out all night too. She sits down next to me and yawns. "Is someone you know missing too?" She asks. Shoot she saw me patrolling. I shake my head and say "Just had a gut feeling someone important was missing." Natasha laughs at this and I look at her quizzically. "Well you were correct. Tony Stark is missing. We have checked everywhere and nothing!" She says angrily. That's when a thought hits me. "Did you check the Sanctum? Last night you said he had a what you called a boyfriend there." Natasha looks at me with shock. "Why didn't we think of that!? Thank you Spider-Man! I really hope he's there." She says running off.
——————————————————————————————————————————————————
"Peter!" I snap out of my thoughts by Ned, shaking me. "What?" I say groggily. "Dude are you ok? You have been out of it all day." Ned asks worried. "Fine just long night." Ned nods. Ned is the only other person who knows I'm Spider-Man so he knows that by long night, I mean a long patrol. The bell rings signaling the end of the day. I get up and walk out of class ignoring my spidey senses going crazy. I just ignore them not caring anymore. I continue walking until Slam! Flash pushes me into a locker. "Aww poor Parker. You really thought you would get by my for 2 day? No way!" He says as he punches me right in the jaw, then is the stomach going back and forth until I curl up into a ball on the floor. Flash scoffs and walks off. After laying there for a couple minutes I slowly get up and walk home. As I walk out of the building my phone beeps. I look down and see a text from Mr. Stark.