Hold on We Still Want You

Title inspired by song- Hold On by Chord Overstreet
Stephen Strange POV (🤯 I'm changing the POV from Peter what?😂)
Tony and I decided today we would tell the others about well our relationship. It still sounds so odd to me. If you asked me a couple years if I thought I would ever date someone I would have said no, but after the accident and becoming well Dr. Strange something changed in me. So here I am sitting in Tony's messy lab waiting for him to return from an emergency meeting the pirate, I mean Nick Fury, had. While looking through some of Tony's blue prints the elevator opens and a very injured and sickly child come out. He had brown curly hair which looks wet with sweat, his skin is as white as paper, and most obviously is the bruises forming over his nose. Most likely got into a fight, but how extreme was this fight? He can tell I'm watching him so he walks by me and says "Don't mind me, I'm Peter, Mr. Stark intern.".(not the exact quote I used last chapter but couldn't remember it and was lazy) he walks over to a small desk by the window and sits down and lays his head down into the desk. I stare at him for a couple of minutes studying him, because even though I'm a little rusty, my medical 'senses' kick in. But after not finding anything visible I turn and go back to my reading.
—————————————————————————————————
About two hours I hear the elevator open and see a very stressed Tony step out. I get up and walk over to him and he leans in resting his head on my shoulder.
"Was that meeting that bad?" I say chuckling
"Yes. Stupid pirate thinks we need to recruit that little masked hero in Queens."
"Spider-Man?"
"Yep that's the one. Most agree but Natasha, Clint, Steve, and Sam think from watching him he really young so it might not be the best to recruit him."
"And what do you think?" I ask as I run my hand through his hair.
"I don't know. The avengers are already large as is. We can't just keep on letting people join because they are classified as a superhero."
I laugh as Tony picks up his head and looks at me with these big doe eyes. His eyes diverge from my gaze to his inter Peter.
"How long as he been here?" Tony asks
"About 2 hours. Pretty sure he got into a fight."
"Why?" Tony asks with a worried expression.
"He had bruises all across his nose and looked as white as a ghost."
Tony worriedly walks over to him and study's him for a minute before saying "F.R.I.D.A.Y can you give me a read on him?"
Tony looks at me shocked and I look back just as shocked. Tony walks toward Peter and lays his hand on his shoulder. He shakes Peter but he doesn't move. I feel panic rising in both of us. I walk over and put my fingers on his neck to check for a pulse.
"It's there but is very faint." I say sadly. Tony picks up Peter and runs to the elevator with me close behind him. As we step into the elevator Tony says "FRI. Notify Bruce and Dr. Cho to get up to the medical wing."
We arrive up to the medical wing and see a anxious Bruce and Cho waiting for us. As soon as Bruce sees Peter he runs over and asks "What happened to him?!". Cho comes over with a stretcher and Tony places Peter down. Bruce and Cho run off with Peter to figure out what's wrong with him. Tony sits down on a bench and I sit down next to him. He lays his head on my shoulder and stares into space.
"Sorry about this whole situation. You probably weren't expecting this sort of thing."
"You care about him don't you?" I ask quitely
"I don't know why but ever since he started as my intern 6 months ago I just felt like..."
"Like you want to protect him?"
"Yeah and then the others met him and they felt the same way as me. It's just something about that kid."
"Any idea why?"
"Maybe because his parents are dead and he watched his uncle die in front of him and yet he is still so happy and positive."
I was surprised by this statement and I felt something inside of me, almost like what Tony described. The desire to take care of him.
"I'm sorry I know it's dumb. But I really care for that kid."
I pick up Tony's head and look him in the eyes
"It's not dumb. I feel the same was as well. When he walked into your lab and I saw him injured I just wanted to find who did that to him and make them fall through a portal for 30 minutes (😉)"
Me and Tony laugh at this and he leans in and kisses me.
————————————————————
We sit in silence waiting for something but the only thing we get in a very angry group of avengers expectan