17 And In Love (With My Brothers Best Friend!)

I've never written anything before, so I hope you like it! plz comment and vote if you like it!!

Connor if you really make a list of my grammar errors I will frickin' hurt you!!!

(A/N: This story and its characters are based on some events that have happened in my life the names are real, but there is also some things that didn't happen but I have wished it did. So some things are true, some things are fake.)

17 And In Love (With My Brothers Best Friend!)

Chapter 1: Alyssa's Background info!

First off let me give you some background information on me. My name is Alyssa, I'm 17, I'm about 5'6", I have eyes the color of the ocean in the Bahamas, with long auburn hair that hangs in ringlets that go to my mid-back, I'm slim and very athletic with little fat on my body. I have a heart-shape face with exotic shaped eyes, and lush lips that form a perfect double-arch.

I live with my mom and dad, I have a brother that's 2 years older than me, so he's at college now. I live in a town in Iowa with a population of less than 6 thousand people, yeah it's as boring as you think. I'm in the eleventh grade, I'm not a genius but I'm not a moron, I'm an above average student. My favorite class is choir, because I love to sing, I'm a soprano, which basically means I sing the highest notes. I long to go out to Tennessee and start a country music singing career.

So as the title of my story says I'm in love, with my brothers best friend, his name is Christian, he's about 6'1" tall, he has the most beautiful smokey blue eyes, his hair, which always looks sexy in that just-got-out-of-bed look, in the fall/winter is a light brown, but the rest of the year it's brown with natural blond highlights, he always has a wickedly sexy 5-o'clock shadow,a year round light tan, broad muscular shoulders, a chest that narrows down to his lean, but muscular, 6-pack abs and waist. He was in my brothers class in high school, and is currently serving 6 months in Afghanistan, with the Army. Every night I pray he'll come home in one piece, but if something should happen, I will still love him just the same.

Christian is funny, smart, handsome, strong, caring, athletic, and an amazing singer.In high school he played football and tennis, he was in choir,and he was the lead in each play/musical for his four years, and he plays the guitar, drums, and saxophone.

Christian and I meet when, I was 7 years old, I was in the Second Grade, and almost immediately fell head-over-heels into a crush that's never quite gone away, when my brother brought him over to hang out one day, and like any little sister with a crush on my brother's friend, I started following them around. At first they didn't care cause they were playing basketball, and in second grade my brother still liked me, somewhat. (Those of you out there that have brothers and sisters probably know what I'm talking about, right?) While we were playing basketball I was asking Christian questions and, he probably thought he was pretty cool because he had almost every girl in grades 3-5 crushing on him at that point, he was answering them, which just made me think that he liked me too, at least a little.

Well anyway. From grades 4-9 Chad, my brother, and Christian were practically inseparable. Christian would come over just about every weekend, for at least a few hours to a two-night-three-day sleepover, and at least one day after school, but usually 3-4 days after school he would be at my house, to the point where my mom and dad called him there second son,which you can guess that I thoroughly enjoyed, as I watched and crushed on him from, what I hoped, was a distance that he would think I just thought of him as a friend, which he was.

I can still remember one day at school, I was in 5th grade, Christian and Chad were in 7th, a 6th grader was picking on me, calling me stupid, slow, and weak, now I had been picked on since 3rd grade so I being bullied was not a foreign concept to me, well I was crying and Christian was walking towards us, the 6th grader saw him coming closer so he stopped and waited for him to pass, but when he was about 5 feet away from me and the bully, Christian could see the tears on my face, he went straight up to the bully and told him to leave me alone and if he saw him picking on me again he was going to show him who the weak one was, and he never picked on me again. Christian also gave me advice, helped me with problems, and comforted me when I was sad or when I just needed someone to talk to.

As Christian got older he got cuter, but I also think he saw through my "just wanting to be friends" facade, because him and Chad stopped coming over here after school and during weekends to go to Christian's house instead, he quit giving me advice for what I should do, he stopped comforting me when I was upset about something, and he stopped just talking to me altogether. He would still come over to the house sometimes and hang out with Chad, but it wasn't the same.

My freshman and sophomore year have so far been the best because, I saw Christian everyday. I mean, yeah he did stop talking to me but, he still said hello to me when we saw each other in the hall, and in choir when his group would be singing in front of the class, I imagined him and I were the only ones in the room and he was singing just to me. Every time I said his name or thought about him it would bring a smile to my lips, and sent my heart racing like a humming birds wings, and goose bumps all over my flesh when he smiled at me.

Christian graduated when I was a sophomore and he signed on with the ARMY and the summer before going into my junior year he went to Georgia to go to basic training for 12 weeks, and I knew he would be coming back, but I just couldn't let him leave without him knowing how I felt about him. Well a couple of days before he had to leave we had a party for him and two others that were leaving early for college, so I, not wanting people to get suspicious, got each one of them a card and told the other two some of my favorite memories with them and good luck with their lives after college. With Christian, I told him that I've had a crush on him for a while, and that while I know my feelings aren't sent back to me, I just needed him to know, and I hoped that he would find someone he feels about the same way I feel about him.

While he was in Georgia I thought about him every day of the 12 weeks he was away. I daydreamed about what I would do/say when he got back. I had it all planned out, rehearsed it, and imagined, where in a world that was perfect for me, what he would say, also in this world what he would say. But, like the coward I am I chickened out because he was only home for 2 months before he had to leave for Afghanistan and in that time I only saw him 4 or 5 times and 3 of those times we passed each other driving. The night he left I cried my self to sleep, just thinking about all that could happen to him, and I have every night since.

(A/N: next chapter will be Christian's P.O.V and the rest will be better I promise!)