#13 standing alone under the cherry tree

The schoolbell rang for the final time that day and I was walking to my locker nervously. I've been simultaneously dreading and dreaming of this moment all day....what if they stand me up,what if they are actually a crazy obsessive person and kill me!...wait...no...no nobody I know would do that...i hope. I smiled as I saw another letter taped to my locker, the letter calmed my nerves a bit, the fact that another letter is here means that they haven't given up on me...yet. I took the note off of the locker, opened it and read it quickly

"By the time you're reading this I'm already waiting for you at the cherry tree so don't be late

Love, your secret admirer"

I gently put the letter back in my locker, grabbed the gift I bought for them and left. I decided that since it was a special occasion I would get them a gift....i really hope they like it but I have a feeling they will. I forgot to tell ouma that I was meeting someone at the cherry tree today but....he probably won't mind right?

I began walking to the cherry tree but when I got there my worst fear had been realized....nobody came.... I guess it was my fault, I took too long to get here and now I'm alone....i set the gift I had got for them down and sighed as I sat down under the cherry tree. I felt the urge to cry but I just barely held back my tears. They went through the effort of putting letters in my locker....just to stand me up....

But then I heard something, someone walking towards me, or rather around me, starting from behind me and ending in front of me. I looked up at the person and smiled,it was ouma "Hey....don't worry I didn't leave....i was just hiding" "Why....What do you mean?" I asked. "I was...second guessing my decision and when I saw you approaching I hid" Ouma said as he sat down next to me and rested his head on my shoulder. I knew it would be dumb to ask this but....i need to know...."are you....my secret admirer?" He thought to himself for a moment before giving a "Mhm" Noise in response after a few moments of silence I said "I have a gift for you by the way" "Oh? Really?" He said as he looked at me with a smile "don't get your hopes up its nothing special"

Ouma's eyes lit up as I gave him the purple rose "How did you even get a purple rose? Aren't they really expensive" He asked as he held the rose close to himself"It's fake...but...its really life like right?" I said nervously "....its better that it's fake, now I can admire it without having to worry that it might wilt" He said as he looked at the rose with a smile "thank you..." "No need to thank me ouma" I said but ouma looked strangely sad when I said his name "yeah....could you call me something....other than ouma" "Huh? What do you mean?" "I-i want you to call me kokichi from now on okay?" Ou-Kokichi exclamed with a harsh blush on his face "o-okay....you can call me shuichi if you want to" I said after a moment of flustered silence "if you're sure then okay....shuichi~" I let out a small squeek once I heard my name being said so lewdly "eh- kokichi! Don't say my name with that sexual energy!" "Erm....Sorry shuichi"