#4 one simple question

Today I noticed that his cardigan was thrown on the floor and his shoes were off.....he even wrote a note this time that was sitting in his shoes "hey....can you please step away from the edge...." I asked softly to no response as usual "please just......talk to me I'll listen I promise just please say something...." I begged....and to my surprise I got a response but it wasn't what I expected. "what is there to say" He asked blankly "tell me why you want to do this.....dont you have something to live for?" He looked up at the sky as he thought briefly "......when I walk home......i usually run into a black cat.....he didn't have a collar on so i put a collar on him and named it dice.....i guess I could live for him.....but I don't really think that he would notice or care if I was gone, he is just a stray cat after all.....do cats even feel emotional connections to humans? I guess I'll never know" He mumbled as he looked at the sky "you didn't answer my other question....." This time the boy remained silent for a long while before finally saying something.

"I'm pathetic....arent I? I come up here every day but I can't jump.....my body.....just won't move. After how long I've suffered I still can't bring myself to end it" he mumbled.....he reminded me of myself in a way....."I.....understand" He raised his head in a bit of suprise but he didn't say anything "things may seem hard now....but things will get better I promise.....please don't throw your life away"

I took the boys hand in my own as I lead him away from the edge and then I slowly rolled up his sleeves....this time he just let it happen. I saw a mess of cuts on his arms, they were more violent closer to his shoulder as if they weren't self inflicted and the cuts neer his wrists were more neat. "what? You've been....." He was looking to the right with a blank expression, although he was covering his face again so I couldn't tell exactly what expression he had. I didn't know what to say so I just reached my hand in my pocket and wrapped his arms in bandages. As soon as I was done the boy returned to the edge and looked down.

After he had a conversation on the phone like normal he didn't turn around and walk away, instead he stared down again....we stood there in silence for a moment before the boy spoke again

".....Should I jump" The boy asked which made my heart stop "wh-what?" "Should I jump" The boy repeated....i didn't know what to say.....his life.....is in my hands.....

(Multiple choice question Time! should shuichi say yes? Or should shuichi say no.....or should he say nothing? If you choose to answer it will impact the end of the story so I would recommend that you choose wisely)