#8 waiting

As I was walking to school I felt something tug on my sleeve so I turned around to see a boy with a clown mask covering his face. I immediately screamed and backed away from him "eh! Wait! No no no i-its just me see?" The boy said as he took off his mask quickly revealing that the boy was in fact ouma. I probably should've seen it coming but clown masks scare me and I didn't expect to see one when I was walking to school today.

"ouma? You scared me!" "Oh sorry, that wasn't my intention really.....but um I just....forgot to thank you yesterday......" I cocked my head to the side with confusion "thank me? For what?" Ouma paused before looking to the ground with a bashful smile "Offering to help me....no one has ever bothered to try and help me before not even my parents.....or I should say especially not my parents" "It's no problem.....is that all you wanted to say?" I asked as ouma took a moment to mess with my hat "Well.....i also wanted to walk with you if that's alright" He said as he stepped back a bit. I looked a him for a second, pondering to myself 'should I.....surely he won't mind....yeah it will be fine'. I  lightly grabbed his hand and intertertwined our fingers. Ouma looked like he was about to say something in protest but he just looked away, puffed a cheek and sighed "come on we'll be late if we keep standing here" Before pulling me to school at a brisk pace.

I haven't seen ouma for the rest of the day or when I was scanning the crowd as we filed out of the school building which means he can only be in one place, the roof top. I froze as I saw how close he was to the edge once again, like I didn't do anything to convince him to step away "Ouma-kun....you said you would keep going....was that a lie?" He paused before turning around with a smile "no, of course not, I was just waiting for you.....the sky really is beautiful you know" He said as he took a few more seconds to stare at the sky before turning and walking becide me "come on let's go" He said as he gesgured for me to follow him.

"Bye ouma-kun" I said at the usual stopping point. I never knew why but he usually walked by himself for the rest of the way but I decided to respect his wishes, if that's how he wants to do it I can't convince him otherwise......however I guess I am a little curious as to why he cuts me off....."bye saihara-chan" He said before turning the corner and dissapearing behind the buildings and dispite my better judgement I peeked my head around the building to see if see did anything else besides walking.

After a few seconds of spying on ouma as he walked home (which made me feel like a creep I'm not going to lie) I was shoved to the ground by three people walking in a hurry, like they were trying to catch up with something or someone without running. I recognized them as three of the six people who encouraged ouma to jump so their presence alone put a sour taste in my mouth not to mention the fact that they shoved me even if it was on accident. If I remember correctly their names are kaito momota an aspiring astronaut, he could probably get to space without a rocket with all of the air in his head, Maki harukawa, kaitos girl friend, she tries really hard to be edgy and has said that she wants to be a hitman for hire once she got out of high school but she mostly keeps to herself and I doubt she actually wants to hurt anyone, and finally miu iruma the school slut, she sucked dick for a goddamn box of pocky and that's all that needs to be said about her..... She's still trying to be the queen of the school again by pretending to be a bully but if you call her 'pocky slut' her confidence drops completely.....yeah after that rumor got out but her reputation was pretty much done for.

And together they are known as the bullies of dangan academy they've caused so much suffering.....i want to.....without realizing it my nails were digging into my palms as my fists were clenched tightly. I'd like to hurt them but I'm just.....too nervous to actually do anything.....i got up off of the ground and looked up to see iruma push ouma onto the floor.....they really enjoy doing this don't they "sup shortstack! Ready for your afternoon beating?" Iruma asked "should've jumped when you had the chance!" Momota added. While this was happening harukawa was just standing there quietly agreeing with what they were saying.

I didn't know what to do. I wanted to rush in and stop them but....i was scared.....what if they hurt me! What if I become a target instead of ouma.....but I don't want him to end up like.....them..... I was about to walk away and pretend like I didn't see anything when they started punching and kicking ouma and that struck a nerve in me. I swollowed my nervousness and rushed forwards, pushing momota into harukawa which knocked both of them over "are you okay babe?" Momota asked as he crouched beside her "my head..." "Your eye! Let's take you to the hospital okay?" He said as he helped her up and walked down the sidewalk I guess he really does care about her.... "hey! What the hell do you think you're-" "Get out of here pocky slut" I commanded, trying to mask my nervousness with a thin vail of 'confidence' "Heeee yes sir!" She said as she rushed away "I didn't want you to get involved.....you might become a target as well" ouma said as he slowly got up off of the ground

"But ouma-kun....you were-" "Thank you.....just don't do it again please......" He said as he picked his stuff up off of the floor. "Aren't you going to at least try to do something about it?" "I normally just let them do whatever they want with me until they get bored and it works.....usually" I sighed lightly before saying "I don't think that is a good strategy" "But it works so just leave it alone" He said as he hugged his stuff close to his chest and resumed walking "O....okay" I mumbled under my breath before walking in the opposite direction