Thirteen

Sunday goes by in a boring blur.

I spend the day walking the neighborhood, exploring the boutiques nearby, and doing some Christmas shopping.

The next morning I wake to the empty penthouse yet again. It's eerily quiet, and I still don't quite feel like I belong here. With or without Kylo. I wonder to myself if this place will ever feel like home.

After a quick breakfast and shower, I dress in black leggings and a vintage Led Zeppelin shirt, throw a black sweater on top.

It's Monday, which means I need to stop by various art and camera supply stores to pick up the different orders Kylo has made throughout the week. And I also know that means I need to text Vic for a ride around town.

I think back to the text conversation from a few nights ago.

Stop flirting with my fucking driver.

Yes, Sir.

I blush to myself, remembering how his possessive words made me feel. Then blush a little harder thinking of Vic's mischievous green eyes sparkling from the rearview mirror.

Telling myself that we're nothing more than friendly coworkers, I send him a message letting him know I'm ready for Monday errands. Grabbing my boots, coat, and backpack, I head downstairs for a quick smoke and chat with Jimmy.

Soon enough, Vic arrives. Looking as dashing as ever.

He's used to the Monday routine, and begins driving us to the different shops without instruction. He notices my shirt and we discuss music, his band, their upcoming show. It's nothing more than friendly banter.

First we stop by the camera store for developing chemicals and photo paper of all sizes. An art supply shop for dry pigment powder, apparently he mixes and creates his own paint colors. Control freak. And finally a similar store for specific paintbrushes, China bristle, that come in an expensive looking box. Only the finest for Mr. Ren, apparently.

Each shop is a small mom and pop store, businesses that have been family owned for decades. And each clerk seems very excited to be fulfilling orders for Kylo; they take pride in the fact that he's a loyal customer.

After getting all of the necessary orders, I have Vic stop by the grocery store so I can pick up a few random items, and then we start making our way back to the apartment.

"Want help bringing this all upstairs, miss?"

He's just doing his job. He's just doing his job.

He's just doing his job, right?

"Sure, that would be helpful, actually."

Jimmy gives us both a nod as he lets us in from the cold, and we make our way to the elevator. I'm very aware of how close we're standing in the small space. How tall and broad he is. How fucking good his cologne smells.

Finally we reach the forty sixth floor and I practically run out of the elevator to the penthouse door.

I stash all of the supplies in the front office, seeing as the studios are technically off limits and I don't want him to know I've been sneaking about where I don't belong. Vic helps unpack everything from their respective bags, and then we move to the kitchen to store the groceries.

The atmosphere is light and fun, and I soon forget about my internal panic from the elevator. Knowing that Kylo is out of town and that we won't be interrupted like last time, we enjoy each other's company, laughing and discussing mutual interests.