Six

The movers haven't arrived yet, so I decide to tackle the grocery list in my mind. Food shopping is one of my most favorite things in the world, and I could use the pick me up right now.

Grabbing my coat, backpack, and keys, I head out the door without a word. I don't need to let him know when I come and go, right? He said not to bother him when he's working and all of the studio doors are shut. I won't be missed, I'm sure.

Forty six floors later I'm back in the lobby, and happy to see Jimmy at his post.

"Hey! I'm headed to Chelsea, what do ya think- bus or F train?" I ask with one of the first real smiles of the day.

"I'd go with the bus personally, but miss, Mr. Ren keeps a driver on standby. Start gettin' used to the perks!"

Oh shit that's right. I'm living in a different world now, and I don't have to schlep grocery bags home on a bus or subway like the common folk.

I pull out my phone and the list of contacts from Phasma, and send a text to someone named Vic.

One cigarette later, a black car pulls in front of the building.

Absolute eye candy steps out from the driver's side and walks to open the back door for me. I can't help but admire his muscular frame under the clothes as he moves. Black suit, black shirt, no tie. He carries himself like a man's man. Hot as hell, frankly.

He removes his shades, and bright green eyes look to me as a smile spreads across his face.

"Where to, miss?"

"Chelsea Market, if you don't mind? I don't really know how all of this works. But I thought I'd get groceries if that's okay."

"Of course it's okay," he says with a chuckle, and I notice the dimple on his left cheek. "With all of the errands and events, we're going to see each other almost daily. Whenever, wherever, I'll take you."

This is just a part of my job now, but I feel a slight blush creep onto my cheeks. I tell myself it's due to the winter wind.

I wave bye to Jimmy and slide into the car. Vic shuts the door for me, and makes his way back to the driver's seat. He's playing jazz on the radio, and it's an old song I know. I smile to myself while we drive south through the city.

Eventually he brings us to Chelsea, and drops me near the market entrance. I promise him that I don't need a chaperone, and wave him away to take a break for a while.

Once inside, I'm too excited to formulate a game plan so I find myself happily wandering. Is there anything more magical than a market full of vendors selling amazing goods?

Phasma had told me a few of the foods Kylo dislikes, but not much else. And had also warned that he wasn't a fan of any of the previous home cooks, and don't be surprised if he doesn't always eat the things I make. But I'm determined to be the best at my job.

And everyone has some sort of food weakness. Everyone has cravings. I'll figure his out.

I drop by a butcher for cuts of meat, and I go for the good stuff. The slick black credit card feels powerful when I hand it to the man behind the counter. But he doesn't care one way or another, meat is meat.

Everyone here is so polite and real. Thank god I can fill my days with moments like this, instead of always being stuck in that apartment with the intense man.

Next is the cheese shop, followed by produce. I also stop by one of my favorite stands for spices. The counter is filled with dozens of gold bowls, each with mounds of different blends and whole spices. Beautiful colors and smells and textures. I splurge and get every spice and blend that calls to me.