Chapter 19

Narrator's POV

Jongkook parked his car near a BBQ restaurant. Somin was surprised as he went to his own restaurant. Techinically, his and Haha's restaurant.

"Why are we here?" Somin questioned while she unbuckled her seatbelt. "The restaurant's closed today so we can have the place to ourselves. It's Monday and almost dinnertime. You don't want anyone to take pictures of us, right?" Jongkook answered and went out of the car.

She nodded to herself and followed him. They went in the empty restaurant and went towards the kitchen to cook. Surprisingly, Haha was there. As he saw the both of them, he smugly smiled.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the KookMin siblings. I mean, KookMin couple now," He placed down the delivery box full of new products on the table. Somin's eyes widened. Jongkook hadn't told her yet that Haha and Jaesuk knows about them.

Somin turned to Jongkook for answers. He smiled at her. "I forgot to tell you that this guy and Jaeseok hyung knows about us," He rubbed his nape as Haha shooked his head jokingly.

Somin sighed at the older man before her. "Can't believe that you and Jaeseok oppa found out about us easily," She sat down on a chair as Jongkook helped Haha to arrange the new products in the fridge.

"How can I not find out? Your boyfriend gets all jealous all the time. Got me cringing," Haha backed away as he said that. Jongkook glared at him while Somin chuckled. "Really? I didn't noticed it at all. When did he get jealous?" Somin asked more questions to tease Jongkook.

Jongkook scoffed. "Hey. Don't lie. I know you noticed it. You just want me to get jealous," He admitted it as Somin shooked her head. "Me? Make you jealous? At work? Sorry but I'm not that petty," She argued back.

Haha understood and went along with her. He sat down on a chair across Somin and crossed his arms. He cleared his throat playfully before speaking. "He already got jealous when Donghae came into the shooting. It was so funny, I almost shit myself when I saw his expression," He laughed loudly but it faded as he saw Jongkook's stern face.

"Well, Donghae is a handsome man. You can't help it but be jealous when a charming man gets invited on a show," Somin awed as she reminisced the moment of when Donghae coolly walked towards the shoot.

"Right? He is one handsome man. Can't even compare myself to him," Haha agreed. "His not just handsome. He is such a gentleman, kind, generous and cool. He is perfect," Somin praised him non-stop, forgetting that her boyfriend was right next to her. It was just her inner fangirl showing.

Haha glanced at Jongkook, who was close to raging, he can practically see smoke coming out of his ears. "If only you didn't interrupt my conversation with him. I swore he was about to ask me something," Somin looked at Jongkook in annoyance.

"If you want to hear him out so badly, you should've been his girlfriend. Not mine," Jongkook exclaimed in irritation and went out of the kitchen. It left Haha and Somin in confusion.

"What's with him?" Haha chuckled to himself, not believing that Jongkook could get jealous and annoyed over such a small matter. Somin laughed with him and both of them shooked their heads in disbelief.

Jongkook's POV

I can't believe Somin. She literally complimented Donghae more than she has ever complimented me and she even said that he was perfect? Infront of her own boyfriend too? I scoffed and bit my lip, feeling annoyed.

I went to the cashier counter and tapped on it to calm myself down. "If he is perfect, why didn't she just date him?" I mumbled to myself, suddenly feeling insecure of myself. Suddenly, a voice came from behind me.

"Because being perfect is boring. I'd rather date someone who's more like you," Somin held my hand and interlocked our fingers. I was surprised but relaxed as I felt her thumb caressing my hand.

I felt embarrassed that she heard what I said but I tried to keep myself calm. "You heard that?" I softly asked although I knew the answer. She turned her body to face me so I reluctantly faced her too.

She suddenly held both of my hands and gazed into my eyes. I can't help it but smile softly. She returned a smile as her nose scrunched. "It's cute that you get jealous but you do know that it's all work, right?" Somin asked.

I nodded, knowing that I was just childish. "I know, I guess I can't help it but feel jealous," I shyly admitted and cleared my throat. She giggled, letting go of our hands. My hands felt empty right away.

"I didn't know you get jealous easily, oppa. You must've been the too protective boyfriend to your ex-girlfriends," She raised her eyebrows in curiousity as I shrugged my shoulders, not wanting to talk about my past lovers.

She probably noticed that I'm trying to avoid the topic of my ex-girlfriends so she provoked me. "Some of my ex-boyfriends were very sweet and nice. One of my ex-boyfriends had so much in common with me, I thought that we were soulmates," Somin sighed dramatically and looked at my expression. She laughed.

My face must've showed a you've-got-to-be-kidding-me expression. "You guys must've not worked out because of your weird behaviour," I jokingly said. She suddenly showed a sad look. Did I say something wrong?

"Really? That must be why he cheated on me," She awkwardly laughed. Ah. He cheated on her. I felt bad now that I've brought up a bad memory. "I'm just kidding, Somin-ah. He probably didn't know that you are secretly the best woman he could ever have. It'a his loss. What a shame. Lucky for me, though," I comforted her and put my arm around her.

She looked at me with such soft expression. I stared at her adoringly. Out of a sudden, I heard a clap.

"When is this drama going to end? I went to the toilet, only to come back to a melodrama," Haha showed a disgusted face jokingly but smiled afterwards. I glared at him as I removed my arm around Somin. "Can't you be a helpful friend and shut up for once?" I nudged his shoulders as we walked towards a dining table.

Narrator's POV

Somin sat across Jongkook as Haha was still standing. "Wait, why are we here again?" Somin asked Jongkook. "Ah, I wanted to cook for you but since Haha is here..." Jongkook trailed off his words, staring at Haha with a smile.

"Hyung, you're really annoying. But I can't help it now that the new couple is at my restaurant. I will then cook for you, sir and ma'am," He bowed playfully and went off to the kitchen. Somin and Jongkook laughed at his act.

Somin then placed her head down on the table and closed her eyes. "You're tired?" Jongkook questioned as Somin nodded. "It's only 6pm and you're tired?" Somin groaned in response, lazy to answer him.

"My brain hurts from the games we played today," She mumbled, folding her arms on the table so that she can rest her head on it. Jongkook grinned as Somin looked adorable with her cheeks lifted, making it look chubby and her lips pouted because of the posture.

He leaned in, folding his arms and resting his head on it too. He can't help but stared at her lovingly. He adjusted her bangs gently and patted her head. Somin, who wasn't actually sleeping, smiled with her eyes closed.

"You're pretty," Jongkook suddenly complimented her as he scanned her resting face. Somin's eyes fluttered open, only to find Jongkook staring at her with a soft expression. Her heart pounded immensely.