Chapter 3

Narrator's POV

As both of them stepped into Jongkook's house, Somin placed her tote bag on the table and started stretching.

Jongkook laughed at her eagerness and went into his room to change to a better attire. He wore a basic white sleeveless shirt that hugged his body muscles and a long sweatpants.

"Oppa. What are you even wearing? I don't want to touch your sweat later," Somin argued.

"What do you mean? I'm comfortable in this. Be quiet and start the music already," Jongkook shrugged off her complaints and went in the middle of the huge living room space.

Somin snickered and turned on the TV,searching the music of the dance. The duo dance takes atleast 15 seconds of the whole dance which seems so short but there are many steps to be done by the both of them.

"Oppa,are we gonna dance from the start of the song or just move to our part?" Somin looked towards Jongkook.

"Let's just dance from the start," He answered.

"But that's weird. The first part of the dance already requires Kwangsoo oppa to control our moves," Somin explained and showed Jongkook that zigzag part of the dance.

"Ah..you're right. Let's just do our part then," Jongkook confirmed and got ready his stance.

As the music played, they're faced towards each other. Somin placed her hands on Jongkook's shoulders and her left knee on Jongkook's left thigh. He lifted her up and Somin did a circle with her right leg.

As Somin did a circle with her right leg, she was startled when her left hand that was holding Jongkook's shoulder slipped off, which made her arm fall behind Jongkook.

She felt herself fall backwards as Jongkook was only holding her waist with his right hand.

As she met the ground with a loud sound, she groaned. "Oppa. I told you not to wear that shirt, it's way too slippery," Somin gave an excuse.

"Somin, are you dumb? You didn't grab onto me properly. You should've relaxed instead of tensing up," Jongkook argued.

He helped her up and fixed her clothes as she whimpered as a sign of annoyance.

"Oppa, I really think that you should change partners. I know you're strong and all but-"

"But you're uncomfortable and feel like I might not be in the same pace as you?" Jongkook continued her sentence.

Somin looked down and fiddled with her clothes. Jongkook grabbed her shoulders, which made Somin looked up, only to meet Jongkook's serious gaze.

"Don't you trust me? As an older brother? As your friend? As your colleague? As your partner?" Jongkook asked to calm Somin down while holding onto her shoulders.

"I mean..." Somin gulped and without thinking, she glanced to Jongkook's lips and back to his eyes as he was so close.

Jongkook let go and sighed. He patted Somin's head lightly. "Let's restart okay?" He reassured Somin and resumed the music.

Somin nodded and held his shoulder tightly. As they did their duo dance countlessly and tried to improve the position so that Somin can feel more comfortable, time passed by.

"Oh? Oppa,it's already 8pm? I didn't even notice," Somin laid down on the sofa as she took in long breaths.

"This takes alot of practices. What do you expect? You did great though, Somin-ah," Jongkook praised and patted her head once again. He stood up to get a glass of water for Somin.

"Oh, thank you, oppa," She sat up and took the glass of water from him as Jongkook sat down beside her.

They leaned back on the sofa and only the sound of their breathings was heard.

Somin's POV

I took in long breaths as Jongkook oppa sat beside me. I was too tired to even talk. I'm only 34 but my body ached. Jongkook oppa who is 44, seemed to be stable even after practicing for more than an hour.

My body automatically laid down on the sofa, away from Jongkook oppa. I grabbed a cushion and laid my head on it and I placed my feet on Jongkook oppa's lap.

"Somin, are you crazy?" He flicked the sole of my foot. "Oppa, just 5 minutes," I begged. I heard him sigh and he surprisingly stayed still for atleast 3 minutes before I felt him massaging my feet.

"Oppa,what are you doing? Your hands are so sweaty. It doesn't even feel good," I complained jokingly.

"What did you say? Ah, you're so annoying. Whatever, I'm gonna shower now," Jongkook oppa took it seriously and stood up which made my feet fall off the sofa.

"Oppa, I'm only joking. Don't be so sensitive," I playfully said as I sat up. I heard him scoffed as he shut his room door.

I giggled to myself.