Chapter 31

Narrator's POV

"Why are we going to your house?" Somin asked as Jongkook parked his car. He shrugged. "For fun, I guess," He answered casually. She rolled her eyes and went out of the car. As they talked on their way up, Somin got a call. It was from her brother. "Oh? Wookmin-ah?" Somin called out, surprised that he was calling her in broad daylight.

"Noona...what is this article? Is it true?" Wookmin asked with a hint of astonishment. "What do you mean?" Somin stepped out of the elevator and stopped her tracks. It made Jongkook stop his tracks too as he looked at her with confusion. "Jongkook hyung and...you?" Wookmin answered with hesitation.

Somin's eyes widened at his words and she looked up quickly, meeting Jongkook's eyes. With her reaction, Jongkook was both confused and worried that it might be something cruel. "I'll...talk to you later, Wookmin," She said softly as she heard him call out to her one more time before she ended the call. "What?" Jongkook asked. "Article...the both of us...revealed...already," She mumbled, as she couldn't put her words in a full sentence.

Jongkook went silent for a few seconds before he took a step closer to her, lifting her chin up to meet his gaze. "It was bound to happen sooner or later," He explained. "But, oppa. This fast? What are the fans going to say? What are people going to say? I can't just sit back and think everything is going to be fine," She replied with an anxious tone as she looked around, looking all nervous.

"I told you that I'll stay by your side through everything. I don't care what people say about us, Somin, as long as we're happy. Don't you think that matters more?" He comforted her. For a moment, she searched his eyes carefully, only to find that his eyes were telling her to not worry. "Now, let's go inside, alright?"

He grabbed her hand and they entered his house. Both of them were still speechless. They needed to let the news of their relationship being revealed sink in their thoughts. Somin laid down on the couch, closing her eyes and thoughts filled her mind. Jongkook glanced at her and decided to let her rest before making apple juice for the both of them.

Somin felt her phone buzzed and she looked at the caller ID to see Jihyo's name. She gulped down her saliva and answered the call. "Oh, unnie..." She greeted with a soulless tone. "Somin-ah, what's with your tone?" Jihyo asked with worry. "It's nothing. Why did you call me, unnie?" Somin questioned. "I saw the article. Did you?" Jihyo said carefully.

"Wookmin told me about it but I haven't seen it," She answered. "Why didn't you tell me about you and Jongkook oppa? It's sad that you didn't tell me personally," Jihyo sulked playfully as Somin laughed softly. "I'm sorry, unnie. I heard from Kwangsoo oppa that you already figured us out on your own so I didn't feel the need to tell you, since you were already so smart. Figuring us out so fast," She elaborated. Jihyo chuckled.

"Are you happy?" A simple question made Somin let out a small smile. She sat up from the couch and glanced at Jongkook who was busy making juice. "I'm happy," She said as she stared at him. "Can't believe my members are dating each other. What a plot twist for the fans, huh? I wish you guys a happy relationship. If Jongkook is being a jerk, tell me, alright? I'll beat his ass," Jihyo coolly replied, making Somin laughed harder than before.

"Thank you, unnie. Go and get a boyfriend already!" Somin playfully teased her. "Currently, I'm tired of men but I am eyeing a person right now too. Will tell you all about it next time. I'm having a shoot for my new drama right now so I'll get going! Bye, Somin," Jihyo sweetly said her goodbye. "Bye, unnie," Somin responded before she hung up the call.

"Was that Jihyo?" Jongkook asked as Somin nodded. He sighed. "Now, we'll have to get ready for all of our friends to call us. That's the con for a relationship being revealed," Jongkook explained. Somin snickered. "Seems like you are a pro at this kind of things, huh?" She sarcastically stated. "Well, sure. I guess so," He jokingly answered.