𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞.

𝐙𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐡 𝐋𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥
  ☔︎︎
𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞, 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

I walked towards Mario's room, happy to tell his mom and brother that he was improving.

"Hey, Nia!" Aaliyah called to me, making me slow down my pace.

"Hey, Pooh where you been?" I gave her a hug once she caught up to me.

"Chile in the emergency room."

"Ouu," I cringed slightly, turning my nose up. The emergency room was stressful. A new patient came through the door constantly; you never could catch a break. I was grateful I barely had to go down there.

"I know right. I was assigned to that shit for two weeks man," she huffed, leaning on the desk.

I chuckled at her tiredness. "I'm glad you back, what you been up to since you never text back?"  I asked, rolling my eyes.

"I do text backk."

"About a day later."

"Well, take it or leave it, but girl nothing, still going through this IUI (intrauterine insemination)," she rolled her eyes.

I pouted at that. Aaliyah had been trying to get pregnant for a year and a half now. "I thought y'all had found a person already?"

"We did, but then we found HIV in the sperm, so now we have to find a new donor. I'm glad they caught it 'cause the donor sounded perfect, but it's ok, they'll find a new one."

"Yes, they will. Can't wait to see you with your bump," we both laughed.

"You silly, but I gotta go do these charts, talk to you later."

"Byee."

After our goodbyes, I continued to walk to Mario's room. Reaching the door, I knocked on it, waiting for a response. The door soon opened, revealing his mom.

"Hey," I greeted everyone in the room.

"Hi, baby."

"Hey." The two women in the room spoke and I got the casual head nod from his brother.

"So I have some good news to tell you all. It may not seem like a lot, but in the long run it is. The doctors have seen an increase in the activity of his brain."

"So that means he's developing his strength back? Or.."

"Yes, ma'am. The brain is one of the most important things we need with his brain activity coming back. That could mean he's soon to wake up," I saw all of their eyes light up when I said that. I just hope they caught the key word, 'could' because it wasn't a 100% chance he was going to wake up.

After speaking with his family, I went back to doing my regular check on him and asking if they needed anything before proceeding to leave the room.

My next stop was to see a new patient that came in last night from a late found case of Kidney failure.

I knocked on their door then opened it, seeing them eating lunch.

"Hey, Meesh," I called the nickname she told me to call her.

"Heyy," she smiled small, looking up from her food.

"How are you feeling?" I walked over, looking at her IV bag. It was half way full so I didn't need to change it.

"I'm ok, I guess," she finished chewing her food before answering and shrugging her shoulders.

Miysha was a 19 year old new mom who had just had a baby 7 months ago. She had a drinking problem that eventually led her to kidney failure, but never knew.