soixante quatorze

The following installment describes recreational usage of drugs and alcohol.

"Baby, please don't make me go."

The pout on Harry' lips deepened as he stared up at Louis, who merely breathed out a sweet laugh. The pure sound made the inside of Harry' chest erupt with flutters, but that didn't impede his eyebrows from tugging into a harder frown that took over his features. The cause of that had only been because of Louis, who'd suggested, a few seconds ago, that Harry should take up the offer to hang out with his co-workers, at a pub in the city. From the moment that Harry had disclosed the information of him being invited to Louis, the sweet flower lit up so much that even the sun would be jealous. Despite, his precious reaction to Harry having friends, the man didn't want to go, which lead them to the dilemma that they were currently facing.

"H, you can't not just go," Louis said, plainly. He said it as if Harry were being unreasonably stubborn, which he wasn't. Not even in the slightest. "Yes, I can. I can do whatever I want." Harry countered. In response, Louis narrowed his eyebrows, disapprovingly. "You're being stubborn and hyperbolic, but mostly the latter."

A subtle scowl stretched onto Harry' features at Louis' words, that held more truth than he wanted to admit, in the moment. "Angel, please." He sighed out the words; frustrated. He pulled Louis closer, where he sat on the edge of their bed as Louis stood between his legs. "You know that I can't be without you for long periods f'time, baby, please don't do this to me?" He begged, even adding a faux sob to end off his practical rendition.

Louis rolled his eyes, body jolting softly as Harry' big hands gripped onto his hips to shake him. "Please, baby." The man continued to beg, until Louis was abruptly taking the sides of his face in both hands and squishing his cheeks together firmly, forcing Harry to shut up. Louis pressed his hands forward some more, causing the man' lips to pucker.

"Honey, I can't breathe." He managed to speak, words nearly incoherent.

"Shush, yes you can. Just listen to me, please?" Louis scolded, despite the fond smile on his face. "You're going and that's final, okay?" Harry groaned and went to argue, only for Louis to squish his cheeks harder. "Hey! No, I'm not done! You need to go, baby, and I'm not pushing you away either. You were literally invited, plus Mitch offered to pay for a cab if you decide to go — which you are, so that's final, okay?"

Harry caved. "Okay." He sighed out his response.

Louis nearly squealed and grinned, he loosened his grip on Harry' face and leaned down to kiss his lips, sweetly, hoping that the man could feel his appreciation through their tender moment. "Thank you," Louis crooned, softly, upon pulling back. "You're gonna have so much fun tonight, love, I promise. Having friends is a good thing!"

"I don't want friends, baby. Why can't I just have you?"

"You do have me," Louis laughed. "You're going to have me for the rest of your life, remember?"

Harry' mind couldn't help but drift to the back of his head, instantly going to the thought of the engagement ring that had been sitting inside of his office desk for days now. Soon. He reminded himself, internally. His features softened into a moony expression as he gazed up at Louis, affectionately.

"Promise?"

Louis' cheeks simmered with a light blush dusting his skin. "I promise." He nodded, furthering his words with a gentle kiss to Harry' lips. "I promise that I'll be yours forever, you big baby."

"Your big baby, though."

"Yes, my big baby." Louis confirmed, before sealing their lips with another kiss.