trente

thirty chapters in. thanks to everyone for dealing with my shitty writing throughout this entire story. love y'all.

-

Louis sat in the passenger' seat of Harry' car, staring blankly out of the window; not being able to focus on anything, except for what had taken place, earlier.

"Baby, you need to talk to me."

He could hear Harry' voice, but it was faint and he'd been so wrapped up in his own thoughts that he unintentionally ignored the older man; not even feeling when a warm hand was placed onto his thigh.

"You're going to regret ever saying that, Mr. Tomlinson."

Those words. Those exact words sent dangerous chills down Louis' spine. He didn't exactly understand what they could've meant, but he had a hunch and that alone, made him feel physically sick to his stomach.

"One phone call..." He thought to himself.

Tears stung at the back of his eyes; his vision beginning to blur, but he swiftly blinked them away and sucked in a shaky breath, to try and calm his uncontrollable nerves.

Minutes passed until the car had suddenly come to a halt.

Louis barely felt Harry' hand retract from his thigh, and gasped and flinched hard when his side of the car was briskly pulled opened, revealing the man.

"It's just me, baby." Harry rushed out, in a soothing tone. "Just me." He unbuckled the bewildered teen' seatbelt and carefully grabbed onto his slim waist to help him out of the large vehicle. "C'mon, let's get you inside, yeah?"

Louis blinked a couple of times before nodding shakily. "Sorry." He muttered, shyly. Grabbing onto Harry' forearms, he let the man easily help him.

"Don't apologize, angel." Harry murmured, kissing his forehead, firmly; once Louis had been out of the car. "What's to apologize for, hm?"

That caused something inside of Louis' to snap and within seconds, he was in tears, muttering profusely about how everything was his fault. His face crumpled up sadly as rough sobs began to wrack throughout his small body, causing him to tremble.

Harry had immediately taken action to the abrupt situation and hurriedly scooped the tiny boy up in his arms, carrying him protectively while carrying him up the pathway to his house; not wanting to gain any attention from nosy neighbors.

He held the shaking boy to his chest; soothing Louis with sweet nothings and reassuring words, but failing as that somehow, only made Louis' sobs worsen; now becoming broken wails.

Harry brought him into the kitchen, setting his small frame down onto the counter and moving to quickly reach over to grab a napkin, before bringing it up to carefully wipe the boy' nose; discarding it, once finished.

"Relax, baby." He cooed, gently; cupping Louis' dampened cheeks in hands to let the pad of his thumbs wipe away his continuous tears. "I'm right here, doll. I'm not going anywhere, okay?"

Louis hiccuped and nodded, staring up at Harry through his blurred vision as he tried his best to listen to the older man and stop his crying.

"Deep breaths, baby. I love you, very much."

Harry brushed the tips of their noses together; continuing to appease the boy with his gentle affection until Louis' sobs had eventually died down to just occasional sniffles and hiccups. Harry remained silent as he easily hoisted Louis' tiny frame into his arms and carried him into the living room, where he sat them down onto the couch, with Louis straddling him.